Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend of 3/9/07

Friday: Friday was date night for Jim and I. We schedule ourselves pretty heavy normally, so a night with just the two of us is a rare treat indeed. We had dinner, watched some Lost, read, went to bed at a reasonable time. Ahhhhhhhh!

Saturday: Sarah and I met for lunch at the Dayton Mall and then went to pick out material for Nicole’s quilt and bumper pads that she’s making for us (cause she’s the best ever). I thought I knew what I wanted and then I got faced with the wall of fabric. And then aisle after aisle after that. So the sophisticated Victorian Garden theme I thought I was going to have morphed into more of a general garden theme with yellows, blues, purples, green, and LOTS of pink. I think it’ll turn out really cute and Sarah was very patient with all of my deliberating. Upon my return I had to explain to Jim what it is I was even doing as he didn’t know what a bumper pad was or why we needed a quilt. Maybe those books aren’t so comprehensive… ;)

That evening we met up with Jen and Tom at Bravo and came back to our place for Black Forrest Cake and games. Dinner and conversation were, as always, excellent, my luck with Tom (note I did not say skill) at Sequence was severely lacking though as Jim and Jen kicked our butts 9-4. I had bad stomach cramps for the last part of the evening and Tom helped me diagnose the problem to fresh garlic which is has been the common denominator of the same symptoms the 3 previous times I had issues. An unfortunate sacrifice to have to give up, but dealing with shooting pain is not worth it.

Sunday: We finished Lost Season 2 and while Jim didn’t like the end, I was intrigued. We then ran errands (got coupons for Mike, picked out a stroller, grocery shopped) and went to bowling. My dear husband bowled a 202 AND a 234! Since we only won by 40 for the night (3/4 overall) much credit goes to Jim for his stellar performance that definitely picked the other three of us up that second game and helped us hold onto overall victory through the third game. Hooray! We should be around 5th place in the league I'm guessing.

9 comments:

Viki said...

So are you still bowling now, or are you not allowed? I'm hoping you're not, but if it were me I would be.

Sad that you have to give up garlic - man, I love that stuff. Fortunately Trey likes it just as much...

Karen said...

bowling is okay, further, i only have 2 more times (1 month) to go!

Finlands finest said...

Glad you can still bowl. There were girls that would play soccer until there 22 week pregnant. I don't know if I would do that, but I would think bowling is okay, its noncontact at least. :)

You forgot to mention my freakish good luck when playing sequence. :)

I'm glad Tom was able to help you figure out the problem...

Martha said...

I, too, am surprised at you still bowling. Then again, I know people who rode horses and ran marathons waaay into pregnancy (like seven months and later).

Megs said...

People can run marathons at seven months pregnant??? I can't even imagine that they can run at all! Wow... the things you learn as you get older...

Mamma Sarah said...

I'm so glad that you are still bowling. Exercise does a body good... they even encourage women to work out as long as their doc approves! :-)

Don't feel so bad about being faced with the "wall of fabric". It's always the hardest part (even the lady stranger told you that). You did an excellent job for your first time!

Sarah said...

Dude, I couldn't run a marathon EVER, much less seven months pregnant!

Martha said...

the chic that ran a marathon at 7 months pregnant doesn't exactly make a lot of other choices I agree with (then again, I'm very biased, she's now with my ex, which is a loooong story).

Karen said...

martha, i initially misread the end of your comment to say "I'm very biased and she's my ex"... and i'm thinking "mart and i never really had a conversation about THAT aspect of her life..."

much more sense when i went back and read it!