Thursday, March 22, 2007

25 Weeks

How your baby's growing: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — doesn't sound like much, but she's beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. Her hair is probably recognizable now (in color and texture), although both may change after he's born.

My Take: Nicole is shy. I feel her move around every day but somehow she completely avoids all other people. I had Megan and Jim touch my tummy yesterday and *BAM* she quits wiggling. People are going to think I'm making it up!

Side note- when I was holding Ryann last night she (Nicole) was kicking a lot. Maybe she’s a jealous kid too? Ha!

7 comments:

Gtemp said...

You better be ready for some belly rubs!! I guess you get all of them now cause Linds don't have anything left in her belly. I'm ready for my turn to hold Ryann very soon!

Megs said...

I know! I was very upset yesterday! But like I said... just keep trying and I know I'll feel it one of these days! I wonder if Nicole is going to be confused since she hears my voice probably just as much as she does Jim's. Atleast then when I babysit she'll recognize my voice and be more comfortable.

Viki said...

I'm betting Nicole is just anxious to meet her big cousin. :-)

Finlands finest said...

Karen I am going to start calling Nicole, can you put the phone on your tummy so I can talk to her?? I want her to know my voice too!!

Off note, did anyone notice how the baby in the description goes from he to she every other sentence?

Mamma Sarah said...

I noticed the same thing that Jen did. Makes a person wonder! :-D

I can't wait to feel Nicole wiggle about. I hope that it happens the first time. Jen has the right idea. We should all just start calling Nicole. :-) I know that my mom did that several times. I always got a kick out of it.

Martha said...

You're Nicole, shy? HA. Jealous, I can believe. you doting on another "Nicole"
:)
is it weird to have people touching your stomach? Have random people come up and rubbed it?

Karen said...

no random people but i think that's because i've only been wearing maternity tops exclusively for about 2 weeks (before i coudl still get away with sweaters) and i have my coat on when i'm out so you can't really tell.

I'm turning into a freak becuase i WANT my friends to touch me to see i'm not joking about this whole thing and she's really in there. i need that kind of stuff to make it more real for me! (yeah, this whole thing is about me... ;)