Monday, March 05, 2007

Weekend of 3/2/07

Friday: worked, sold a deal, locked my keys in my car over lunch like the blonde I am, went to Brazenhead with Chuck and Kristi. Those two crack me up. Poor chuck lost in Sequence making his rant of Kristi beating him at everything valid once again.

Saturday: I used part of my Christmas present and got my nails done at the spa up the street. I had acrylic nails for 5 years but his was my first manicure on my real nails. Holy crap did she do a great job. I look at them constantly! If it weren’t $30 a pop (and only about 35 minutes!) I’d go regularly.

I screwed up my timing on my calendar so I was about 20 minutes late to Rachel’s bridal shower that afternoon. This was some of the best shower food of all time – her aunt should go into professional catering! Rachel also got some great gifts and looked beautiful. There were 2 toddler boys there and two other pregnant women, each having a boy. I’ll admit I did feel kinda special that I would be the only one with a girl coming.

That night Jim and I had Sean and Jess over for a game night. Sean kicked our behinds in pretty much everything and the only time I won was when I was partnered with him. They brought us the cutest little outfit for Nicole – it’s blue with white polka dots and a flower at the waist. They also gave us RUFFLEBUTT tights which we had to explain to Jim. ADORABLE.

Sunday: Jim took me maternity shopping which was sweet of him to come along and give me his opinions on things. I got two tops which cost enough for me to use my Macy’s coupon and save $10. I wish there were more things I liked in the price range I'm willing to pay…

The other exciting thing that happened on Sunday isn’t really my news, it’s Jenny’s, so I’ll let her tell it… :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

no worries about being late to my shower--i'm just glad that you came and had a good time! dede does do some catering, so if you ever need her... AND, i need to give you 8 pennies for the knives that you got me. i don't want ANY bad luck right before my wedding!

Finlands finest said...

I don't think I have ever heard of the penny for a knife thing, whats the superstition?

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like a totally fun weekend. Ruffelbutt!!! haha that just sounds funny, but I can't wait to see Nicole in them!

Viki said...

Rufflebutt pants are so cute. I'm sure I wore my fair share of them - my mom likes to tell the story of when I was 2 and told her I couldn't possibly wear the socks she was putting on me because they didn't have lace on them. :-)

I'm sorry I don't have any maternity clothes to share with you. Don't worry about spending more than you'd like to either - if you're going to have more than 1 grape and buy more classic pieces you can wear them next time around...

LisaMarie said...

you can always shop the Internet too! That's what all of my other friends did to save money.