Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Workin' Out

Believe it or not I’ve been going to the gym pretty regularly. Not that I’m seeing any physical differences (yet?) but I am actually proud of myself for putting in the effort to go, especially when I go without Jim. Last week I went and met Mandy, a fitness trainer, so that she could take my beginning health stats and show me how to use the equipment. This is one of those times that while we discovered I’m one month her senior I feel like I’m 8 years older. Mandy has this cute little body that makes me frown at my own in the mirror and a blaze attitude that make her seem like there is nothing in the world of any great significance. She isn’t married, works all kinds of crazy hours at the gym with no consistent schedule, and says “like” an awful lot. So far I can’t find one thing I have in common with her. But strangely, she’s addictive.

I met her for the second time last night to learn how to use the weight equipment and ensure I was using proper technique when working out. We talked about random things and at the end she said she wants to meet with me twice more – once for a butt workout and another time for a shoulders/abs session. While the prospect of my ass being too sore to sit doesn’t seem very pleasant, I feel kinda special that now I have a pseudo trainer helping me out. When I got home around 7 to make dinner for Jim I ended up talking about her at various points until we went to bed at 11:30. Like I said, she’s addictive.

J and I also watched Season 1, Episode 1 of The Sopranos which we borrowed from the library. It made us laugh out loud a few times but doesn’t seem to have that grabbing hook that 24 did the first time we watched it. I'm assuming the hook is approaching though.

8 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I love a good butt workout!! :) I liked having a trainer!! Enjoy!

TreyJ said...

Sopranos will totally hook you. Give it a few episodes. It really took a couple of seasons for stuff to get really juicy - things are just kind of setting up right now.

Mamma Sarah said...

Hooray for becoming a hot woman. And you'll no sooner get "hot" (not that you aren't already) then become a "hot" prego. :-) Well, we can always hope. :-)

We tried to watch Sopranos when it first came out and lost interest. Good luck.

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Can't comment on the TV shows, you know my opinion there.


Working out is completely addictive once you get going. It was that way for me long ago for swimming, and it's that way now with Fu. The trick is to make time for it. It's way too easy to get busy and leave working out by the wayside.

LisaMarie said...

Hmmmm...working out....I vaguely recall having a YMCA membership....It's still around here somewhere....*searching for Y card as I munch on my 280 calorie Ritz Bitz and drink my fully caffinated Coke*

Dale said...

You know, there's this ex-boss of mine that I still have lunch with regularly. Last time we had lunch, he said he knew someone who was young, single and looking for a direction in her life... his personal trainer at Mercy. I went as far as to give him my card... think it's the same person?

Karen said...

Lisa's comment was LOL worthy!

Dale, if it is i'll be interested to see how it works out... there are several single women our age there so it could be any number of them!

Viki said...

I'm so proud of you for getting to the gym!!! I want to work with a trainer some time, too, just to figure out how I can be more efficient with my workout time.