Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Weekend of 5/26

Whew! What a weekend! 800miles and 14.5 hours of driving later I feel like Sarah Ford. And I can’t say I like it. Driving in cars sucks and my resolution to fly whenever possible stand more firm today as a result of this weekend.

Jim and I took of a half day on Friday and drove the 3 hours northwest to Ft. Wayne, IN to visit his oldest cousin (on his mother’s side) and her family. This was apparently very big news in the family as literally everyone and their brother knew we were going out there and gossiped about it for weeks ahead of time as we learned over dinner. We weren’t quite sure what the big deal was… We had a great dinner, played fuse ball, chatted the night away and crashed around midnight. We spent the night and woke up to a great breakfast and warm wishes as we set off more westbound to Medaryville, IN for his oldest cousin on his father’s side’s wedding.



A few firsts for me as we entered deeper into IN (and don’t poke fun at me! Jim’s family was very excited at my getting country-fied)- J and I stopped at an old-fashioned root beer stand for lunch (where they bring the food to you on trays dangling from your car window) and I stayed at my first ever Motel. Overall, Denise’s wedding was very friendly and sweet though H-O-T with no air conditioning at either the church or reception site. We stayed until around 11 then headed back to the Motel for a luke-warm bath in the whirlpool (ran out of hot water about half way through filling the tub) and a very restful night of sleeping.
Sunday morning we drove about 4.5 hours (1.5 more than expected) from IN to Columbus, OH to visit Jim’s prego step-sister, Laci. She was ecstatic to see us and introduced us to her boyfriend and his kids/family. Nice time visiting but we were eager to get home and rest.

Went to the gym yesterday (Monday) and it was actually refreshing to be back. I think that much of that was being back home and into routine rather than my body being happy to be stretched and worked. I’ve been drowning in email all day today, so much that I started this post at 8:42 and am just putting it up now!!!

2 comments:

Viki said...

Glad you had a good weekend and all sorts of fun happenings. I can tell you all sorts of fun stories about Trey's family laughing at my getting Texified the first time I went down there...like the swarms of giant grasshoppers I saw down there, after living my life in the city, having seen probably 2 tiny grasshoppers up until then, and the shock at my never having tasted fried okra.

Mamma Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about the carpet mess... that's no fun waiting around all day for a time that they were suppose to be there and then weren't.

At least your sister was there to help pass the time. Hopefully you got out in the HOT weather for a little while.