Thursday, May 11, 2006

Recent Mind Numbing Activities

I’m tired. I’ve been doing this *^%^ spreadsheet all day and I’m certifiably worn out. I’ve been staring at the same set of numbers and running the same formulas all morning and I think my brain is getting numb.

Yes, I have been spending most of my free-time watching movies, if you’re beginning to wonder. Last night Jim and I rented the Chronicles of Narnia which was much better than the Chronicles of Riddick that we watched last week (that that the two are related in any way other than the title). Cute movie and I see why the kids would get into it. Great computer graphics. I will admit to looking at the White Witch several times and thinking “that woman needs a make-over”. J and I both liked Potter’s movies better given the choice between child fantasy flicks. I do think I’ll eventually take the Williams up though on borrowing their book(s) and reading it.

Jim’s mom picked up about 15 more movies for us from the truck stops. She called to tell me that she actually bought (as opposed to won like she does the others) The Prince & Me which is a flick I initially watched with Lisa and commented to Mom H about. I’m very excited to watch it again!

3 comments:

LisaMarie said...

What a great movie! But don't watch the 2nd one. It was highly disappointing. Went straight to VHS, that should have told me something.....

Mamma Sarah said...

You are more than welcome to borrow the book. :-) It has all the Narnia stories in it. :-D

You have to watch all the Riddick movies to understand the story behind it... I didn't enjoy it until I had watched them all. Lots of action though, so I'm sure Jim enjoyed that.

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

I agree with watching all the Riddick movies. If you've seen Pitch Black, then seen the little anime they did, Chronicles of Riddick is a much, much better movie.

I did not, however, like the director's cut. It really didn't add much to the movie methinks.