Thursday, May 04, 2006

MBA = Done!

It’s been an incredibly busy week for me professionally, scholastically and personally. Skipping to the good stuff, I had my final Sales class on Tuesday night. We had an incredibly dynamic speaker, Jack Carew, come and talk with us which was exhausting for us as an audience – the man is like 70 and has more energy than me!!! After class the whole group headed to the Pub in Rookwood for drinking and celebrating. It was SO much fun. We decided we’re going to have a Club 960 (our class was MKTG 960) and go play golf or meet for drinks periodically. One class member already sent out an invitation for the first event!! I didn’t get home until after midnight, Jim was long asleep, and was still full of energy when I tried to go to bed.

Last night was my final Capstone class. We had to take some national exam whose results aren’t related to our grade but merely to XU’s national ranking. Overall it was a good test, but telling us that it didn’t count didn’t have many people putting too much effort into it, myself included. This one test and the time it took to take was the last thing holding me back from beer and graduation – I was dying to speed through it! I met Mindy and Jeana out for drinks after we were thru and we hung out until about 10:30. Good times had by all! Jim had flowers for me when I got home - so sweet!

It’s strange to realize my MBA is over. Truly, as I have no intention of going back to any formal kind of schooling, it’s weird to think that I’ll never be a traditional student again. I have spent 20 of my 26 years alive in school! What am I going to do with my time? Talk my mom into giving me sewing lessons, watch Lost like the rest of the planet, con Jim into taking more ballroom dancing classes. Hopefully it’ll be a good life from here! Another chapter closed, a new one beginning…

4 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

HOORAY!!! And now onto the REALLY fun stuff :-D (If you know what I mean) You can always dedicate your extra time you have babysitting or just coming to pamper/see your friends. :-D That's alway happiness.

LisaMarie said...

Congratulations! I'm jealous! I wish I was finished with my masters! It seems so far away before I will, so you enjoy!

Dale said...

Karen, congrats... I'm looking forward to the end of my MBA career in a year. It's only been 5 years. :)

Viki said...

Congrats from me, too...you're quite seriously an inspiration for me at the moment. I really want to finish my masters and I'm thinking that if the education one doesn't happen I might do an arts admin one, which is what I'd wanted to do originally, by taking classes after work. Anyway, enough about me - congrats to you! It gives us one more thing to celebrate in June. :-)