Friday, May 05, 2006

Catchin' up

What an insane busy week. I’m exhausted. I’ve been too busy to post, which I apologize about, and even now I’m rushing to get this one in so I can maintain rights to bitch at others who don’t write very often. ; )

Last night, my first night as a graduate, I treated myself to the salon. I got my hair trimmed, my toes pedicured, and my eyebrows waxed. Oh it’s good being a girl. When I got home Jim and I ate some ham and macaroni & cheese and then headed to *gasp* the gym. We hung out for a while (about 45 min) and did our thing, then went to check out Megan’s new digs. Very cute apartment. Fabulous TV which had Jim drooling (especially as ours is STILL not fixed).

Tonight Jim’s treating me to Jag’s (FANCY restaurant) where we’ll use my $100 gift certificate that a networking contact of mine gave me for Christmas. No jeering that we’re celebrating a special occasion with a free meal ticket. The place is so nice we’ll probably still drop about $30. So there.

We’re headed up to Toledo tomorrow for Mike’s graduation from Univ. of Toledo. Should be an all-day adventure! Lots of family bonding time. This will be probably the longest consecutive time I’ve spent in close company with his girlfriend, Lindsay. Terrible as they’ve been serious for over a year… that’s what being married and living out of the family house’ll do to you.

4 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like fun... you deserve to be a girl every now and then. :-D

TreyJ said...

I see no prolem in celebrating with a gift certificate! Isn't it nice to see how the rich folks live?

Viki said...

Celebrating with a gift certificate? My sister would be proud. :-)

Sarah said...

We should do something girly like get our nails done during our weekend in Dayton. I haven't had my nails done since your wedding!