Monday, May 08, 2006

Weekend of 5/5

The weekend was good. Friday night Jim and I went to Jag’s and had a great meal. I ordered the lobster bisque for and J got the $14 crab cakes as an appetizer. Neither was exceptional but both very good and well prepared (especially the presentation- wow! J asked why they bother assembling the fancy plate decorations if you can’t actually eat them. He’s so cute and logical). It dawned on me at that point in the meal that this is one of those rare times that we’re spending way more than I normally would on food and of all things this is when I’m okay not finishing what I order, even at the expense, because I have bigger and better things still coming. I normally feel bad leaving a 20 cent chicken nugget at Wendy’s but I let the waiter take away ¼ of my $9 soup!

Jag’s has some of the best house dressing I’ve ever had so our salads were exceptional. I wanted to just keep eating salad but I didn’t want to fill up and not eat my pending filet mignon, so I let them take that away half finished too. We both ordered the filet, Jim the 10oz and me the 7oz, and it came with garlic mashed potatoes (mmmm!) and strips of veggies. My filet was wonderful and I did eat every last bite of it! My only regret about the restaurant was that we didn’t dine in the garden since it was such a beautiful night.

Saturday we got picked up at 8:20am to head to Toledo. Dad had coupons for a bogo free breakfast at IHOP so we made a pit stop there for a bit to eat. Graduation was in the afternoon and took about 2 hours to get though. I was very critical of the kids who were wearing flip-flops and shorts under their gowns as they looked like idiots crossing the stage in my opinion. Mike looked really good in a shirt and tie and of course many rounds of pictures ensued. We drove home that night and stopped as a family at the Olive Garden in Lima to celebrate. I was so exhausted when I got home at 12:15am that I walked in the door, dropped all my clothes on the floor and went right to bed. J says “aren’t you going to brush your teeth??” Not when I’m that tired…

Yesterday we slept in late, did stuff around the house, had Greg over to go to the gym and mike over to do the P&G entrance test and watched Casanova (blah movie) after dinner. As always, I feel like we crammed in so much in that I’m not overly rested this morning at work. I did get the green light on a client I’ve been pursuing for a few weeks though around 8:45 this morning – hopefully that good karma will last through the day!

5 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like a jam packed super fun filled weekend. :-)

Finlands finest said...

WHAT A WEEKEND!! It sounds like a blast. I can't believe Mike has graduated....Am I old for saying things like that???

LisaMarie said...

So was Mike forced to wear his attire, or did he think of it on his own? It will be even stranger when you say Greg is graduating....he was just a little kid when we went to college!

I'm with ya on the brushing thing. If I'm utterly exhausted, it can wait til morning!

Dale said...

Lima Olive Garden! I know exactly what you're talking about, I've had a few dinners there. :)

Viki said...

Tell Mike I want a picture of him in his nice clothes. :-)