Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day Weekend Update

Whew- another busy weekend. Friday at work was exhausting as I scrambled to finish up a week-long project for a conference call for a very major client. All went well but I was mentally worn out by 5:30.

Mom and Dad had J and I over for dinner right after work to celebrate my graduation and Sarah W surprised me by coming over too, bearing a congratulatory cake no less! (Thanks again, Sarah, it was great to hang out with you and have you as an honorary Templin once more!) It was the “whole family” with 8 of us eating together and then competing at a lively game of dominos. The family gave me a really beautiful XU frame for my diploma... now I have to wait for the "receipt" to arrive!

Saturday morning I woke to wonderful smells as my dear husband made us blueberry muffins for breakfast (J cooking anything is a rare treat- these were great and such a pleasant surprise at 10 in the am). We hit the gym for a few hours in the late morning with Greg, then went to Chipotle where Greg had his first ever Chipotle experience (I had no idea there were still Chipotle virgins in this country). We watched Inside Man (B) at the dollar cinema and then 2 For the Money (B-) in 2 parts at night. We went to an MBA graduation party for one of my classmates down in Newport, but Jim was itchy to leave after just an hour and a half so we came home around 11:15.

Today we’re headed to my aunt’s for Mother’s Day. I got my mom a gift certificate to the salon she wants to try out and an electric jewelry cleaning machine which I’m hoping does more than just rattle. I also stopped by and gave our neighbor across the street a M.D. card and potted flower. She was really touched which made me glad I took the time to do it. Now I just have to remember to tell Jim in case she thanks him too!

3 comments:

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Sounds like a nice weekend.

Mamma Sarah said...

Thanks again to your mom for letting me "crash" the party. :-) Your family is so much fun to hang with! Too bad little Alex just doesn't want to move when I'm around you. :-( I no sooner got in the car to drive home and there was movement all the way home.

Finlands finest said...

Sounds like another busy weekend!