Monday, January 02, 2006

2005 Review

Here is a snapshot as it stands at the end of 2005, a general re-cap of sorts for reflection in future years…

Age: 26
Weight: 141
Height 5’6.5”
Hair: Red fading into blonde
Eyes: Blue, getting LASIK in 4 days!

NYE Activities: Mike & Susan Ellerbrock’s house with a bunch of HS friends including Jen Johnson, Mark Jeanmougin, & Sean Murphy

Best Of…
Movie: Almost Famous (a surprise great movie)
(Worst Movie: Charlie & the Chocolate Factory w/ Johnny Depp – AWFUL)
Song: Rascal Flatts, Fast Cars & Freedom
Female Friend: Karen Cruse – we talked and laughed a lot in ’05 and she was open enough to let me set her up multiple times. She’s one of the most sincere people I know.
Male Friend: Tom Parrish – a rare gem of a person who makes you feel comfortable to be real with them all of the time
Cincinnati: Bengals headed to the playoffs!

Most fun thing of 2005: Pacific Science Center in Seattle, WA
Most disappointing thing of 2005: Losing touch with Lisa
Most Impressive: Emily Gardner for her manners, vocabulary, and general sweetness

Looking to 2006…
Most Anticipated Thing: 7-Day Alaskan Cruise with family & friends
Most Nervous About: Having my wisdom teeth pulled (scheduled for 2/10/06), the idea that I might intentionally be pregnant by the end of the year
Goal: To get some more friends to move to Cincinnati!
Resolution: To not finish foods that I don’t like just for the sake of finishing it

6 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Hmmm... might intentionally be pregnant? Are we planning on drinking the water that's being passed around? :-D Much love to ya!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

That's the first time I've heard that mentioned. Did the little ones over the holidays set the clock ticking that quickly? Didn't you just swear that off really forcefully like a month ago when you and I were talking about it?

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Hey wow, that came off harshly, sorry. If you've decided that's what you want to do, I support you fully, of course. That's just a big attitude change in a really short period of time ;).

Karen said...

No, i still think that kids (NOT BABIES) are more often annoying than not, don't get me wrong. only reason that this is even a possibility at the END of the year would be so that timing works out (career-wise, age-wise, etc.). I have NOT fully agreed with this idea yet. :)

LisaMarie said...

While I appreciate that you're disappointed that we lost touch over the year, I just think that things are different for us again. This happened to us before you got engaged too. It's just hard to understand what I'm going through. I hope you never do. (And that's obviously meant in a good way.)

Karen said...

Lisa, i'd agree that things are different and i'd agree that i don't want to experience the frustration you're going through. It was, from my end, hard to lose touch with the person i just put up on a pedestal for the world to see as my Matron of Honor a few months after the fact. I’m supportive of you and Kendall and wish you all the best on the baby-making front. While I may not understand all you’re going through, I would have appreciated the opportunity to be your friend more through the rough times in '05.