Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Eddie Pico

It happened – my past caught up with me around noon today. Eddie Pico called me. Ironically, when I wrote a few days ago that I’d been thinking about ex-relationships he was the primary person in mind. Fate is a screwy thing.

I haven’t talked to Eddie in about 3 years. Ironically, he called me out of the blue then (a year and a half since we broke up) to see how life was treating me, who I was dating, where I was working, etc. I had just moved in with Jim and getting that relationship kicked off. He was dating some college girl and was testing the waters on a serious relationship. Sounds familiar- that’s what we did for the 9 months we dated.

Today we talked about his work (still Cozymel’s), San Diego, my marital status (“oh, that same guy you were living with before?”) and the bet we made regarding who would be making more money by the time I turned 25 (I won by $3000).

He gave me his email address and I promptly sent him a note with my wedding picture attached. He replied, just 15 minutes later, with “Still as beautiful as I remember”. He invited me visit if I was ever in San Diego (which wouldn’t be a far stretch as Joe Kramer lives there) and to Hawaii if I ever wanted payment on the bet we made so long ago (that the loser would take the winner on a vacation). This interaction is striking because he’s just the same as I remember. I wonder if I am the same person he recalls.

I’m not sure I’ll be able to fully concentrate on anything else the rest of the day.

3 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

WOW... that's all I'm gonna say.

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Why do you think the call from him had such an effect on you yesterday? I can honestly say that I've never seen you so flustered before. Hehehe, you even deserved blonde comments for like the first time ever :).