Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend of 1/27/06

Friday was one of the worst work days I’ve ever had. Not that it’ll mean anything to anyone outside my company, but we had 3 cutovers go horribly wrong and I yelled at one of our vendors to the point of having my boss kick me out of the room. UGH. The end of the night did pick up with dinner at Bravo’s and cards with Jim and my grandparents. Good conversation, good company – can’t go wrong there.

On Saturday we went to Erin Kobilsek’s wedding which was fabulous. I laughed, I cried- it was great. She was beautiful and the ceremony was touching. When I asked Jim why he didn’t cry his response was “did I miss a baby animal dying?”. Men… Other great Jim moment: the DJ announced that the dinner buffet would be a Captain’s Call. Quite innocently, Jim turned to me and asked “Captains Call? Does that mean we’re eating fish?”

Finally, yesterday afternoon Mom and I went to see Golda’s Balcony at the Aronoff: 1-woman show, good acting, about Jewish history so not all that enthralling for me. I bowled a 98, 127 and 129 which helped us win ¾ games and kept Jim smiling. We also started in on the 3rd season of 24 where with just 1 miss I predicted all the couples that developed since season 2. I wish I had talents in other, more useful areas than fictional romance prediction.

No comments: