Monday, January 23, 2006

Baby City

WARNING: Do not read this if pregnancy bothers you!

I’m beginning to think that my friend Lisa was right – there is something in the water because a significant number of people I know are pregnant. Sarah (Wahn) Williams got pregnant before Christmas and is due 8/30/06. Jason, who has the office next to me, knocked up his wife Beth and they’re due 8/28/06. My friend Andrew’s wife is going to give birth to twins in February; and Laci, Jim’s step-sister, just told him that if she has a boy this May she’s going to name him after Jim. Jessy, my amazing friend since first grade who I still remember playing hopscotch with, is going to have her second this summer. What the heck is going on?!

The phrase “I’m at that age” is starting to haunt me. What it’s doing is making the fact that having babies is the next big step for me. Granted a step that I’m happily putting off for MANY more months, but it’s becoming clearer and clearer that my irresponsible years are fading away. Good Lord, Cloppert had it right – I should have screwed around more in my youth- there is no getting it back! holy crap...

5 comments:

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Hehehe, I can just hear the clocks ticking away..............

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Not only can I hear the clocks, I'm also going to tell Cloppert you said that :).

Karen said...

watch it, parrish

LisaMarie said...

And now you see why I'm crazy. I'm constantly surrounded by reminders of my failure.

Mamma Sarah said...

You are one crazy chick. LOL. Tick, tick, tick. :-P