Friday, January 27, 2006

Alpha TV Sucks

I called the TV Guy yesterday (Alpha TV in Cincinnati for those of you considering a referral – DON’T go here!) afternoon to talk about what the hell was taking five weeks. He said that they got the sound working but there’s still a line across the TV that they’re trying to fix. He ordered parts 10 days ago and they haven’t arrived yet.

I’d like to think I was polite, firm and diplomatic with the man. I offered to call the vendor and be the “bitchy customer” for him (which he declined) and I told him that we were disappointed that we had to be in constant contact with him instead of the other way around (which he agreed and apologized for). I explained to him that we are having folks over for the Super Bowl next Sunday and not having a TV is unacceptable. He offered to give us one in storage in the mean time – a 32-35”, which I told him was going to be at our house on Saturday if our real one wasn’t.

This &%#! drives me nuts because I think about the service that I and my company provide and our retention ratio. Whenever I have clients who think that they can do telecom on their own I laugh because folks like George from Alpha TV are the kind of customer service they’re going to be getting as soon as they tell me good-bye. Cynical I know, but people don’t’ believe me when I warn them it’s a jungle without me because I over-hold thier hand while they are customers. Why don't my vendors want to hold my freakin' hand!?!

No comments: