Monday, January 16, 2006

Weekend of 1/13

Well, this weekend somewhat busy for our standards. Friday night we had my parents over for my mother’s birthday dinner. Somehow the directions on my pork loin package lead to still rare pork even when I overshot the time by 5 minutes. Therefore, my dinner presentation wasn’t so hot because it didn’t all come out at the same time.

Sat. afternoon Lori and I headed up to the Taft Museum to check out their photography exhibit. Lori was kind enough to share her tickets with me so I could get in free! While the exhibit was cool, more fun was the jokes we made over the 17th century Asian pottery that lead to more than one sour look from the curator.

Saturday night we went over to the Boston’s for celebration of Terry’s new job in Charlotte, NC. It’s bitter sweet as all things are – good opportunity for them to move closer to Anjali’s family but it means that they’re leaving everything here in Cincinnati behind as soon as March of this year.

Bowling was a highlight for me as we beat the second place team 3 to 1. I got a 125, 157 and 111 each game – very good considering my 107 average. Other than that, more 24 season 2 which is turning out to be just as addictive as Harry Potter! My new “hot guy list” inductee is Carlos Bernard, the guy who plays Tony Almeida (http://www.fox.com/24/profiles/actor_cb.htm).

UGH. I just went to add the above link to his page and I couldn’t tear myself away from reading his character bio on the 24 site. As I’ve only seen season 2 I just read that his now wife dies in season 5. This FREAKIN sucks as the last episode had me see their first kiss. I just ruined their whole courtship for myself!!!! AUGH! Damn blog, making me f-up my show.

1 comment:

Mamma Sarah said...

You guys need to hurry up and watch the 24 seasons up to now... Last night's show was awesome! LOL!!!! That will teach you to go to the web site when you are so far behind. :-D