Friday, January 20, 2006

Thinking for a change

I’ve been doing a rare thing lately – thinking while driving rather than talking on my cell phone. I’m always trying to pack a million things into the day and the down-time of driving has always been a great way to catch up with friends while I have “nothing else” to do. Lately, however, I’ve been spending my time behind the wheel reminiscing. It seems more and more that songs I hear on the radio are reminding me about people, specifically friends and ex-boyfriends.

With this in mind I think I’ll spend some time journaling my memories. Not to garner new insight but just to put it down so that I don’t forget that it ever happened. I’m debating posting them publicly here or just keeping it to myself, but I’m leaning to here as my blog is becoming the depository for all my thoughts and life updates. I’ll indicate somewhere that it’s a memory versus general comment. No offense or compliment necessarily meant to those I write about… obviously the hindsight is my own and may be tainted after a few years…

3 comments:

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

You may not think that you will garner new insight from recording your memories, but you may be surprised......sometimes the act of writing it down will trigger other memories or other thoughts that you don't remember just thinking about a particular thing.

At least it works that way for me :).

Mamma Sarah said...

Hmmm don't know if I was more worried about you talking on your cell phone or thinking. Those could be dangerous activities. :-0

Karen said...

sarah, you kill me.