Friday, May 02, 2008

Treading Water

I'm REALLY stressed out lately. Work is getting overwhelming – so much stuff going on, newly raised quotas and job responsiblities, an unending stream of projects not going smoothly, etc. I'm so busy I haven’t even had time to read blogs, much less write them. Yesterday in the drive through lane for lunch I was actually so stressed I almost opened the car door and got sick. I keep flipping back between being motivated and excited about the new changes at work to being overwhelmed and not wanting to get out of bed and go at all. *exhale* Life will be better when school doesn’t suck up my free time and our home life settles down and is less busy. I think I just need more detox time- taking off next Wednesday and a half day on Friday should help.

Song that makes me feel better: http://www.musicremedy.com/audio/index.cfm?FuseAction=ShowAudioPlayer&AudioId=11980&Quality=5

Nicole just got a BUNCH of new clothes from a guy on Jim’s softball team. By “a bunch” I mean 8 pairs of jeans, about 3 dozen shirts, 2 bathing suits, half a dozen skirts…. Most of it is Baby Gap and Old Navy. I used to think that I would only buy my kid new stuff but I’ll tell you what, getting new-to-me clothes from friends and mother’s sales is just as exciting and a hell of a lot cheaper and I don’t feel as bad if she doesn’t get a lot of use out of it

OK, nice mental break; back to the grind.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Yikes....sorry you are so stressed out! Maybe one Saturday night you and Nic and Jim should just pick the nicest hotel around and go for the night...just to feel like a mini vacation. Ryan and i do that sometimes.

I think I have only bought 2 pairs of pajamas and maybe a few onsies new for Ella. Everything else i get second-hand. Like you said, then if it gets stained, or only worn 2 times i don't care. Then I turn around and sell the stuff that is still in great shape.

Finlands finest said...

*hugs* I am sure you are stressed out with so much going on. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Viki said...

I know how you feel - take it easy and take some deep breaths. There's only so much you can do in a day. My recommendation is that when it gets so bad that you can't see straight, start to feel sick, or start doing things like 2 + 2 = 5, it's time to take a walk. 15-20 minutes around the neighborhood by yourself, making sure to breathe deeply, will work wonders.

Hugs...

Martha said...

*hugs*
Hopefully the stars and planets will re-align themselves properly soon. Or perhaps this is all due to global climate change??? ;p
Sorry. I'm trying to be sarcastic or humorous. Sounds like a lot of people are having it rough right now. :( Chin up. :)

Finlands finest said...

Seriously--if you need a sitter so you can relax or whatever, I am 10 minutes away and we both know nothing would make my mom happier then me walking in her house with a baby. ;) I hope that made you smile if nothing else!

Dale said...

Hang in there!

Great song. Nothing like music to make one feel better.

LisaMarie said...

Dude, I feel you. Not in the same way, but I feel you. This Friday will be good. We'll drive up slow and stop at the outlets or something. :)

I can't wait to see you and spend some quality time together. No stress! Take a walk like Viki said or even sneak in a few minutes to just go sit in your car and listen to the radio and maybe scream? :) *hugs* See you soon.