Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tidbits

Nicole has a yeast infection (like jock itch) and I’ve let her sleep naked the past two nights which really helps. Last night she pooped the bed and I had to clean it and her up. What’s blog-worth about this, and strange to realize, is that cleaning a kid smeared in poop was so uneventful I just shrugged my shoulders, cleaned it up and wasn’t even going to mention it here as a big deal.

-------------
Does anyone actually ever protest a wedding anymore? Did any one ever do it to begin with?

-------------
I have a very little permanent stains on my shirt in a somewhat prominent place. The problem is that I really like this shirt and it matches a lot of outfits. This morning I said screw it and wore it anyway. If anyone asks I plan on claiming to have spilled coffee this morning.

------------
I still need a bathing suit to wear on this cruise with my co-workers. I’ve poked around a few places to no avail and looked at Victoria’s Secret’s online sale (surprisingly good prices) for some options. Nothing at VS online seems appropriate (shocker, I know) and I'm still too nervous to buy a swimsuit without trying it on. Even though it’s still high 60’s, and not swim weather, bathing suits are already on clearance and I'm afraid that I'm too late to find anything good. : (

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try Venus Swimwear. They have a variety of tops and bottoms as well as prints and their size chart is right on. I got my bikini there last year and I love it! Their prices are pretty good too.

Finlands finest said...

If you like the shirt--wear it!

I cannot be of any help n the swin suit department. I bought my most recent one-top in florida-bottoms at Kohls.

I don't know if I will ever feel that cleaning poop off a baby is normal. :) I guess thats why I am not a parent yet. :)

I think there is one wedding I would protest--not that I ever think it will happen-or that I would getto go to it. ;)

Martha said...

eh, you're a mom to a baby - you're expected to have random stains on your shirts!! :)

Isn't there a swimsuit store in one of the malls? They have many combinations to try out and mix and match if it is a bikini you want or if you want a one piece. I doubt you're too late to find good stuff. Swimsuits are so overpriced as is - why do they cost 90 bucks for that little material? You can find nice cocktail dresses for less than that!
Poor Nicole. I hope she feels better soon.

Viki said...

I know babies are supposed to poop, but Nic's recent experience is one reason I will not have my own...

I have a couple of shirts that do have teeny coffee stains on them, but I love them so I still wear them...

I've purchase my last few suits at Target...

Mamma Sarah said...

Swimwear... ha. I've heard that Eddie Bower's collection is pretty decent, but again it would be buying without trying unless you went to an EB store.

Gotta love poop and kids. Must be the week of poop and rashes for kiddos... hence why I haven't really posted for most of the week. :-(

Laura said...

Hmmm...We're dealing with a yeast diaper rash too, and I haven't thought of letting her sleep naked. I'll take that into consideration.

I think when you know a stain is on a shirt it seems noticeable, but to other people I bet they never notice (or if they do they aren't likely to say ,"Hey, your shirt is dirty'). But if several people have made a comment that you spilled on your shirt, then its time to kiss it goodbye!