Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend of 5/23/08

This weekend – only OK.

Some highlights and lowlights:
1) Jim and I managed to take Nicole to Tumbleweed for dinner on Friday. There we noticed she jerks her head a lot. Of course once we saw it more than twice I became paranoid that she has some weird disease. Jim had me looking up palsy on the internet when we got home and I was nutso about it all weekend.

2) Saturday we headed to Spencerville for Rich’s wedding which was very nice. What was not nice was the fact that they had to clean up the hall after the reception and by “clean up” I mean that it was suggested they do the windows in the bathroom. What the !? I'm SO GLAD that we PAID someone to do that crap for us at our reception hall. Who wants to come off the high of their own wedding reception only to have to mop floors!?

3) While in Spencerville Jim and I realized we were missing out Meijer gift card that we had recently been crediting groceries to. We spent $300 to get $30 back and I lost the card with $170 remaining on it. After nearly an hour searching at home (through pockets, dryer, cars, trash…) no dice. I got so upset about it I made myself nauseous. Fortunately Jim didn’t rub it in but GEEZ how careless can I be!? I'm telling myself that someone who needed it more than we did found it in the parking lot or something like that.

4) We got the exterior lights on the house – you know, the ones that illuminate the house at night and make us look rich (hehehe)? They look great and we’re expecting several neighbors to follow our lead.

5) Jim worked on the garage ceiling (mudding it) all morning on our day off (Monday) and the nap we took made us too late to car and furniture shop so we couldn't test drive the Saturn Outlook and we didn’t find a car seat that I was convinced was perfect. We did find a bathing suit top (not bottom yet as I didn’t like what matched) for me though AND it was ½ price for Memorial Day!

6) Dinner at Mom and Dad’s was nice. I don’t get to see my niece nearly enough!

5 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like a nice weekend other than the MIA Meijer card. You never know maybe it will turn up when you need it most. :-D

Finlands finest said...

Glad you found a swinsuit top--your halfway there :)

I'm sure Nicole is fine. I bet a lot of kids jerk their heads/other body parts until they get complete muscle control.

I would be sooo annoyed with cleaning bathrooms after my wedding reception!!

LisaMarie said...

What do you mean LOOK rich?? You are rich! :P

And the card might still turn up. Like I told you on the phone, we found a hundred dollar gift card a year later and it was in a secret coat pocket. Did you check you secret coat pockets?

Laura said...

I think I know what you mean about the head jerking...side to side kinda spastically? Ella has been doing that when she is kinda tired and I attributed it to her not being able to focus her eyes or something like that. It is kinda weird, but I figured it was ok since I didn't see any other jerking limbs.

Karen said...

Laura, thanks for commenting- YES, that's exactly what it's like. Happy for the reassurance!!!