Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tuesday Evening

Last night we test drove the Saturn Outlook just to get a well-rounded view of our SUV options. Things it has going for it:

1) 75% of the price of the Enclave

2) You have a standard base and ala carte add your options. Strangely since we’re picking the top base car there are only 2 options Jim wants – Enhanced Convenience (memory drivers seat, auto-folding mirrors (which we need for our tight-fit garage), heated leather seats, etc.) and second row captains chairs (in lieu of a bench). He doesn’t even want the double moon roof!

3) 24MPG Highway

4) The dealership offered free loaner cars every time they have our car, regardless of cost or time

We still want to hit up the Honda dealership to check out the new ’09 Pilots that were released on 5/22/08. Once we see that we’ll be prepared to make one last check of the Enclave and have a decision made.

It’s a simultaneous let down and relief that our Supplier Discount (through P&G) negates any negotiating.


---------
After we test drove the car and Nicole fell asleep in the car seat, we went to do our weekly shopping at Meijer. Jim bought another gift card and I told him I didn’t even want to see it.

Is it strange that we bought 6 apricots for the sole reason that they’re cute? Neither of us has ever had one and we have no idea if we’ll like them or not. It’s probably bad, but we both agreed that if we didn’t like them then we’d have Nicole eat them since she likes everything!

6 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I like how if you don't like a food you feed it to your daughter. :)

Are any other cars in the running??

Viki said...

I don't think I'd like apricots, but I honestly haven't had them aside from in jelly..I bet Nic likes them, though.

On car shopping, I'd be kind of let down if I didn't get to negotiate. I was a real pain in the ass buying my car...I went by myself and when one of the dealerships treated me like a girl who didn't know anything I walked out. By the time they called me back and told me they could match the great deal at the other place, I'd bought the car at the other place. :-)

Anonymous said...

Definitely go with the captain's chairs! My parents decided on them for their van and I think it's what kept us (the kids) from killing each other :-)

Martha said...

To answer your last question: yes, I find it strange that neither of you have ever had an apricot - they are so common! But I'm amused you'd just pass it on to Nicole if you don't like them. I've done that - buy a new food, but I'll buy 3 to give it a fair shot: 1 to try, 2 in case I don't like the first, OR want more before I can get back to the store, 3 in case I like it or want to confirm I really didn't like it.

When we were growing up, we had bench seats. Kathy and I shared one bench (Amy and Tom each had their own, so no issues). We each had end seats and my dad (driving, mind you!) "had" the middle seat and he would not share, so we were not permitted to cross the line. Made it hard on long drives to WI w/o being able to lay down (we totally crossed it at times, but if the other got mad we had no choice but to get out of Dad's seat).

Viki said...

We had bench seats, but in the station wagon there was room in the very back for 2 kids to ride facing backwards. I recall a family vacation when my dad forgot to close the hatchback and Mark and Kristin started screaming bloody murder as dad started to drive out of the hotel parking lot... :-)

Anyway, the minivan had bench seats, too, and we did Ok.

Dale said...

Dried apricots are really good, I'll snack on a whole thing of them!