Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Soft, yellow-feathered friends

I had a bad bad morning. To many annoyances and people not doing their job. HOWEVER, when I came back from lunch there were a mom and dad goose with 5 little chicks waddling past me. When I got up to the office I watched them from my boss’s window as they crossed the entire parking lot. This walk would be long for me, those poor chicks with just 2” legs!! When the mom and dad stepped up on the curb the little ones had to jump up. One by one they leapt into the grass except for the littlest one that fell and had to jump again.

That was my “stop and smell the roses” moment for the day. I feel reenergized about working again. :)

6 comments:

Martha said...

awww!
Especially for the littlest one that fell and had to jump again. how cute!

Viki said...

Ahh! Cute! I'm looking forward to seeing goose and duck families in my neighborhood. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Thanks for sharing :-)

LisaMarie said...

That would have made my day better too. I wish I had seen some ducks like that! The only ones I see are the annoying old ones that cross the road just as I want to turn and I'm already late!

Finlands finest said...

That would have re-energized me too. :) Very cute too!

Mamma Sarah said...

So cute!!