Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Movin' on up

I went shopping yesterday and it sucked. My cantaloupes have officially become a nuisance. Normally I wear a medium in clothes. Now that I’ve outgrown most of my normal stuff, I took the opportunity to go shopping yesterday. I found some cute stuff, on sale no less, except that the body of the shirts (where Nicole will grow) is plenty big, it’s just the stupid chest area that is already too fitted and requires the larger size. An Extra Large size to be exact. I know that it’s more important to have clothes that fit and look good and size shouldn’t matter, but GEEZ.

The one positive of the whole experience...
When I called Jim on my way home the conversation went like this:
Me: “I’ll be home in 15 minutes. I stopped to buy dress shirts and I’m unhappy with my body.”
Jim: “What’s to be unhappy about? Your body’s great.”

How wonderful is he!?

5 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

What a great guy you have!!! Don't fret about the girls getting big. It happens. Plus, another reason to get some fantastic looking clothes!! :-D

LisaMarie said...

You have such a great husband! And there's nothing wrong with wearing an extra large. That's what my cantalopes take!

Martha said...

that's fabulous...and give you plenty of room to possibly not have to purchase more clothes before Nicole arrives (dude. I'll be honest. I have CO CLUE on sizing for maternity clothes).
awww, Jim. That's so sweet.

Jessica said...

1. You have a great hubby
2. He right!

Viki said...

This makes me love Jim even more!

Don't fret about the bigger size, though. Think of how big a shirt you'd need if you had to put a baby inside of your shirt!