Sunday, February 25, 2007

Weekend of 2/23/07

I had an appointment in Dayton Friday afternoon so I got to be treated to lunch by Sarah W on my way back into the office. She’s so sweet! We even got milkshakes at Steak N Shake (special treat!), which I’ve not had a full-sized one of ever.

Jim and I left Friday a bit early from work so we could head up to Spencerville (Jim’s hometown) to have dinner with his cousin Derrick and Derrick’s girlfriend. Jim suggested his favorite restaurant, Red Lobster (yeah, I know some of you are cringing that that is his favorite), and Derrick replied “after checking with Jessie, she has some Catholic crap going on so fish works good.” Ha! “Catholic crap”!

Anyway, we got back to Rusty’s (Jim’s uncle) and slept in until 8:30am. That’s when the real work began. Jim’s uncle helped him TREMENDOUSLY when we redid the bathroom and kitchen, so it was time to return the favor and help him with his kitchen/family room remodeling. Not fun work, but it was good to be able to help.

Rich (Jim’s cousin) brought baby Noah over for us to see. He’s a good baby- very pleasant and such soft skin!

We left at 8:45 to beat the winter storm that was predicted to hit and I drove in probably the worst conditions of my life. The sleet was so bad I couldn’t see the road and semis from the other side of the road kept spraying the car with huge amounts of it. The Erdahls were nice enough to offer us a bed for the night, but it slowed down to rain by the time we hit Dayton so we pushed on through.

This afternoon is the monthly Girls’ Lunch. Sarah W is coming down for it!

3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Glad you made it through all of the tough weather, we would have missed you today!!

Mamma Sarah said...

It was so nice to not only see you on Friday but again on Sunday! Man, spoiled I tell you. We go weeks and nothing, then bam! Twice in a matter of days!

Oh for a baby to have such soft skin..........

Viki said...

Glad the weekend was nice, but I'm sorry you got stuck in such crappy weather.

I hope you were not doing anything like heavy lifting or anything...you need to be careful!