Friday, February 16, 2007

What I've Been Up To

What a week- with a snow and ice storm bad enough to cancel ½ a day of work on Tuesday and all of Wednesday, Jim and I had a chance to start Lost Season 1 on DVD (Thank you, Sean!). I see why people get addicted to it- I'm really intrigued by the whole thing! The disappointing aspect of it is that since we’re watching a season from three years ago, I’ve been privy to all the recent complaining about the series going downhill plot/story-line wise. Disappointing to know it’s not going to get better from here or at least stay par…

Class has been going really well. The students have their first exam next week and I'm sure they’ll all do well. So much of sales is common sense.

My sales though, took a turn for the worse yesterday at 4:00 when I lost a deal I assumed I was going to get. The customer really irked me about it too and I had to walk out of my office to not blow a fuse and call her out on the whole thing when I was emotional (read “super pissed off”) about it. Fear not, now that I'm “more rational” after a night’s rest, I will be calling her today to discuss the matter more thoroughly. I do not take to losing well. At board games or my job.

Speaking of board games, G-Scott and his girlfriend are coming over for dinner and games tonight. On his wish-list: mozzarella sticks, pork loin, ranch potatoes, cranberries, pie, ice cream, etc. I did change my plan on a few items I was thinking of preparing to accommodate my youngest brother. He’s too cute not to, what can I say?

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Don'y worry, Lost gets better, it just gets a little wierd for awhile before it pick back up.

Hopefully you can persuade this client to rejoin you. Did she have a valid reason for backing out? I assume not.

Greg left you with quite a list!

Anonymous said...

That's a bummer about the sale. I can't believe it is because of anything you did. Maybe she is having her "strings pulled" by some one else in her department, or some "it's just as good as a Xerox" wanna be company, found out about your bid and lowered their bid by a dollar just to make an impression. Don't quit on her yet. Just maintain and be yourself. You might just get it back. Celebrating 51 years today. All of the kids are coming over tonight. I think Carole has something up her sleeve so we will see. Looking forward to bowling next Sunday. You guys need to come over and have a rematch of UNO soon. We will light a fire, and I can mix up some good music again on Compact Disk. Let me know what you would like on it, and you can have it as a gift on us. Have a great weekend.

Mamma Sarah said...

Man, the weather certainly did get the best of us all, didn't it? Oh well. At least you had some quality snuggle time together!

Have fun with brother and his girlfriend. Very exciting. Hopefully she's prepared for the competitive nature of the "Templins". :-P

Viki said...

I guess the one bad thing about living in Chicago and not Cincinnati is that when it snows really bad you do still have to go to work, or, if it gets really bad you can take 1/2 a day, but not another one after that. We've got more plows and salt trucks and stuff. Oh, well.

I'm with Jessica on the client - something similar to that happened here not too long ago and our own owner was so pissed he's taking legal action. Anyway, hope it works out...

LisaMarie said...

Bummer on the client. And I can just imagine how pissed you were! I've seen you losing at a board game! LOL!

I would say LOST is great every season. Some people complain that they don't get enough info per episode, but it's never stopped them from watching the show. Everyone who started watching the show with me three years ago is still watching it and talking about it. So I can't complain!

Martha said...

What made you assume you were getting the deal anyway?
How did the dinner go tonight? What did you fix? (what else was on the 20 or so list of Gregs?) How's Holley?