Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Weekend of 2/9/07

OK, I'm losing my mind because I seriously can not remember what I did 60% of this weekend, namely Friday and Saturday afternoon. I'm sure it was fun. *eye roll at myself*

Saturday Jim and I went to PF Changs for dinner with Erin and Scott – had a good time. I tried the Chow Mein for the first time and it was okay but I don’t see myself craving it any time in the future.

Sunday Sarah W came over and we rode to Lindsay’s baby shower together. Lots of presents, lots of cake, lots of people! She made out like a bandit! On the way home I took Sarah by the lot where our new house will be built and promptly got her stuck on a snowy, icy hill. Love-ly. At least we could laugh about it. At one point I was driving and she was pushing. I was in D and I was still going backwards! Anyway, I got my first taste of how convenient it is to have my parents nearby, we called them and they helped dig us out and help us up the hill.

I made it home just in time to go to our bowling league that evening. We only won 2/4 of the games but that was enough to put us in 4th place out of 15 going into next week! I did not do particularly well, however Dave kicked butt by bowling a 729 series with one game being a 269 (his highest game ever!). It was AWESOME. He only had 3 open frames the entire night! Jimmy did great too with 2 games in the 200’s! Definitely made up for me being off.

Anyway, it’s snowing and freezing rain out and our office closes at 2:00 today as a result. Jim’s home cleaning off the driveway for us (he is the best!!) and I'm going to try to con him into coming here for lunch this afternoon. :)

I'm starting to get a little anxious about the ultrasound next week. I’ve been firm on it being a boy but now that we’re so close to finding out I'm starting to doubt my own predictions a bit...

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I warned you about losing brain cells ;) and don't worry, gut instinct is often the best predictor (I still agree it is a boy).

Glad you folks were able to dig yoou out of the snow, hopefully getting stuch was no indicator of how it will be after the house is built!

Mamma Sarah said...

Stupid hill, stupid car! LOL! Too funny! At least we were together and you're right about laughing about it!

Viki said...

I got stuck in the snow once in back of my mom's house and ended up 1/2way blocking the road going in one direction - fortunately a salt truck came by not 30 seconds later!

LisaMarie said...

Sounds like a fun time in the snow!

And I can't WAIT to hear what the baby is!!!!!!

Megs said...

Yeah for leaving early today!! I actually worked alot harder when I got home. I'm really hoping that we get called off completly tomorrow.. I could really use the sleep. But I doubt we'll get such luck.

Anyways, glad you had a good weekend! I can't wait to hear either!