Monday, February 12, 2007

19 Weeks!

How your baby's growing: Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces, and he measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the length of a small zucchini. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now. His kidneys continue to make urine, and the hair on his scalp is sprouting. This is a crucial time for sensory development: Your baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. If your baby is a girl, she has an astonishing six million eggs in her ovaries. They'll dwindle to fewer than two million by the time she's born.

My take: The kid is moving but not as much as before. This had me frustrated for a bit and prompted Jim to ask “do you want it to move like every 10 minutes?” Well, duh, yes! How else do I know it’s doing okay!? I'm happy to report it’s moving right now!

I’ve almost run out of clothes. I bought 2 pairs of jeans and have 2 dress pants from Sarah and that’s it as far as slacks go. It’s time to go shopping!

8 comments:

Megs said...

Yeeeah for shopping!!

Mamma Sarah said...

Can you imagine... 6 million eggs??? WOW! Even 2 million by the time she's born is a lot to think about. Can you imagine that many future grandchildren running around? LOL

Anytime you want to go shopping let me know. :-) I'm game for making you a hottie prego! :-)

Sarah said...

Yeah seriously, 6 MILLION!?!?!?!?!

That's just crazy. I know I have heard that before, but it still blows my mind to think about!

Gtemp said...

haha you gotta buy fat pants!!! Glad all is going well. Hope you are looking forward to the belly rub on Sunday... ;-)

Viki said...

Do you guys have a Steve & Barry's nearby? Trey and I hit the one in Ft. Worth on Sunday and got a lot for not much $$.

Glad to hear the grape is still moving - I was a little concerned from your earlier posts.

Glad you ended up beating the snow, too. We got about 2 1/2 inches last night but we're supposed to get hit bad tonight.

LisaMarie said...

Dude, I can't believe your brother said "Fat pants"! I hope he never gets a beer gut!

Clothes shopping is always fun, and you're starting to get to the point where the maternity clothes will look really cute on you. The beginning and the end always looks awkward on women, you're either too big or too small for the clothes. So go enjoy!

Martha said...

hahaha to Greg and Lisa! Karen and her fat pants...actually, just buying larger sizes only works in the beginning. I'd think you're in real maternity clothes by now...

me said...

There is a Steve & Berrys' in Eastgate Mall