Monday, February 05, 2007

18 Weeks- 3 weeks until the Ultrasound!

How your baby's growing: Head to bottom, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a large sweet potato) and she weighs almost 7 ounces. She's busy flexing her arms and legs — movements that you'll likely start noticing more and more. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin and her ears are now in position and stand out from her head. Myelin (a protective covering) is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and Fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If your baby is a boy, his genitals are noticeable, though he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

My Take: The more people I see whom I’ve never met or don’t see frequently, the more I'm aware that I must have a small tummy. I apparently don’t look pregnant! While this might be disappointing to some, it’s turned into a funny conversation starter more than anything.

Since we bought the house and now know the timing, we’ve (I’ve) decided not to set up any baby thing except the changing table before we move. It’s only 2 months and it seems silly to set up a full crib when the kid will be in a bassinet in our room for a few weeks anyway. If we get tired of a guest in our room we’ll simply move the bassinet to his/her room for the remaining time.

I got yelled at by the Wal-Mart lady yesterday when I caught the car seat that fell out of the stroller that Jim was lifting. It was only about 10lbs. and I caught it mostly with my arm out of general reflexes, but this lady was all concerned about me just letting it fall. “That’s why we have insurance” she kept reminding me. I didn’t think anything of it at the time, but afterwards I realized she was right – I shouldn’t be catching large objects falling 7 feet from the “sky”. Then again, no body probably should...

5 comments:

Gtemp said...

I'm still expecting piggy back rides so you better keep working out...

Sarah said...

Haha to Greg's comment, but the lady who yelled at you was correct, just let it fall!

I can't wait till you get all round! You're gonna be such a cute pregnant lady!

Megs said...

Awww you're fragile!!! I think you look pregnant to me but to others you probably don't. Your belly is starting to look so cute!!

Mamma Sarah said...

The Walmart lady is very correct, but don't think that just cause you're prego you can't do anything... then again... don't go thinking you're Super Woman either (even though we really know who you are). :-)

Finlands finest said...

I want to see the belly!!!