Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Weekend of 11/3/06

Yesterday was a very full day so I had no chance to blog about the weekend. Here are some highlights though:
1) Jim’s softball party at BW3’s on Friday night where I learned about noodling (see below) and the giant catfish that supposedly scared the Kentucky River scuba divers out of the water. I did some research on this and if you look up giant catfish you can find some national geographic and cnn pics of 300lb+ ones.
2) Saturday I did school work (I literally have EVERYTHING except 1 ppt. presentation finished!!) while Jim and his stock club collaborated over lunch. That night we went to Anne and Sean’s wine-tasting bridal shower which was fun because I got to love on Alex so much. What an adorable baby!
3) Sunday was a pretty fun day. Jim and I looked up some houses for sale on the West Side of Cincinnati and picked up my mom for a quick jaunt to 3 of them. All were nice but I didn’t feel like I saw my next home. We did, however, find a really great location that they’re just starting to clear out. It’s so new there’s nothing on the internet and there were no signs from any builder up yet. This gave me hope that our Spring relocation plan is still on track.

Also on Sunday, we saw the movie Invincible with Mark Wahlberg. Eh, it was another underdog sports movie just like Hoosiers, Rudy, etc. Good acting though. B. Bowling went well – we won 4/4 games and I bowled a 115-182-139. That 182 is now my new highest ever score! Slowly but surely my bowling is coming around. My average is up to a 131! Dave bowled a 244 the first game – way impressive!

And that’s all, folks! I get my Sales text for the Spring semester after class today and I'm meeting with the old prof tonight for her notes and project ideas. I'd like to get out there and vote but I have to go to Colerain to accomplish this and I'm not sure if I'll get time. :(

7 comments:

Viki said...

I wish I got to see as many movies as you guys do - we don't have a cheap theater here, though, so that's part of it. Trey and I really wanted to see Borat on Saturday night, but the theater was nuts so we went out to dinner instead...

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 182 score Sunday. Not only did it help us win the game and complete the 4 game sweep. (first time we have ever done that against "4 of a Kind") but in you humble self, failed to mention that your 182 topped out my 180 in which you very much earned the credit of beating me out in that game. I bow down my lady. Excellent Job. David

Karen said...

first and last time that will ever happen david!!

Finlands finest said...

Great job bowling Karen!

Sounds like saturday was a very productive day for you...as Tom's blog suggests we had a lazy weekend!

Anonymous said...

This means that you won't be able to vote REPUBLICAN. Mwahahahahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Donb't fool yourself. I really believe that if you get you old bowling ball drilled up to "exactly" fit you hand and fingers, a 200 score is a very "serious" posibility. Having the ball custom fit your hand will fill in the gaps of "making" those spares instead of just missing them in between the strikes you are now getting. Also, your "first" ball will knock down 7 to 10 pins and not 1 to 3. making you average go up 10 to 15 pins. "Really"! Get Jim to get your ball plugged and drilled. I would use "Tri State Bowling" on Rt. 4, just down the street from Gilmore Lanes. I have been using them for over 25 years. They are good. You can get your ball back in a couple of days. I am looking forward to my "new" challanger

Anonymous said...

Don't fool yourself. I really believe that if you get you old bowling ball drilled up to "exactly" fit you hand and fingers, a 200 score is a very "serious" posibility. Having the ball custom fit your hand will fill in the gaps of "making" those spares instead of just missing them in between the strikes you are now getting. Also, your "first" ball will knock down 7 to 10 pins and not 1 to 3. making you average go up 10 to 15 pins. "Really"! Get Jim to get your ball plugged and drilled. I would use "Tri State Bowling" on Rt. 4, just down the street from Gilmore Lanes. I have been using them for over 25 years. They are good. You can get your ball back in a couple of days. I am looking forward to my "new" challanger