Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Greg's Idol is Retiring

Updated:2006-10-31 19:08:18
Bob Barker Retiring After 50 Years on TV
By SANDY COHEN, AP

LOS ANGELES (Oct. 31) - Bob Barker is heading toward his last showcase, his final "Come on down." The silver-haired daytime-TV icon is retiring in June, he told The Associated Press Tuesday.

"I will be 83 years old on December 12," he said, "and I've decided to retire while I'm still young."
...

To kick off his retirement, Barker said he will "sit down for maybe a couple of weeks and find out what it feels like to be bored." Then he plans to spend time working with animal-rights causes, including his own DJ&T Foundation, founded in memory of his late wife, Dorothy Jo, and mother, Matilda.

He said he'd take on a movie role if the right one came along, but filmmakers, take note: "I refuse to do nude scenes. These Hollywood producers want to capitalize on my obvious sexuality, but I don't want to be just another beautiful body."
...

11 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

I heard about this yesterday and my jaw hit the desk. Danny was actually just commenting on this last week and saying "I wonder when he's going to retire." Hmmmm

Sarah said...

I'm absolutely beside myself with remorse right now upon hearing that Bob won't be doing any nude scenes. I might even cry.

Viki said...

Thank God! I caught a glimpse of Good Morning America this morning, but it looked like a tribute so I thought he'd died or something. Whew!

Anonymous said...

Coincidence that his retirement comes when one of his most loyal followers (Greg) graduates college and therefore will not be viewing his show regularly anymore????
Sounds like collusion to me.

Jessica said...

Ha Sarah, I might join you with a box of tissues :)

Karen said...

oh g-scott plans to interview for his job... the coincidence is in that he's graduating and employable!

they're in cahoots!

Gtemp said...

Lol I like how i'm the talk of Karen't Blog! :-) Have you guys seen the picture of me and Bob together?!

Finlands finest said...

Maybe he will walk around in a swim suit after he retires....like the chics on his show....

TreyJ said...

I've been looking for a job for a while now...maybe I should apply...

Martha said...

I, too, am amused that Greg got to be the focus of two blogs in a row. Is that your way of implying he needs to blog more?? Perhaps he could post said pic of him with Bob.

Anonymous said...

I personally am sad. I was hoping that he would do some nude scenes. I don't know what I will do now.