Friday, November 10, 2006

BOR-ING

I remember never being bored in college. If I didn’t have anything to do I could always IM any number of people who were also just sitting around. Or I could download music. Or I could go to work. Or I could hang out with my roommates or someone else’s roommates. Finding something to do was never a problem.

Now, as an adult, I have a much harder time entertaining myself. At work, for the last half hour, I’ve waited for many people to get back to me and I'm at a holding point until that happens. There is nothing online that I care to research, my co-workers are all busy doing their work, and I'm all caught up on my email. I see why people gain weight – I want to eat Skittles not because I'm craving them but just so I can get up out of my office and move around!

This sometimes happens at home too – I don’t want to bore myself with television, cleaning is never a joy, and shopping costs money.

Do you all see why I need you back in my neighborhood???

9 comments:

Dale said...

Maybe we should explore my idea of like 10 of us buying a 20 bedroom house in Indian Hill? It'll be like an adult dorm!

Sarah said...

Or, we could create our own "campus", complete with walls and a guarded gate.

Yeah, right!

I do miss having people around all the time like back in college, but at the same time I appreciate some time by myself.

TreyJ said...

I can't say I've been in that position lately. Can you tell me how to become bored?

Viki said...

Every once in a while I'll be in a holding pattern at work - I've come to the conclusion that it's because I work too efficiently - and will get to a point where I can either file stuff or be bored, and I decide to be bored. I'm never bored at home, though, because I'm not home enough!

Anonymous said...

Boredom at work is a direct sign that you aren't in the right field.

Besides that, your time is too valuable to sit there and waste it doing nothing.

The only time I get bored is when I have to wait on software to load or something similar. I can usually fill my time with other things to do though. It's one of the things I truly enjoy about my job.

Anonymous said...

This is why you need to be a teacher full time. I'm never bored at work. I always have something to do or someone to yell at. HA!

Kendall might get a job in Troy, you should start looking for a house there and then we can be neighbors again....=P

Martha said...

do you like 10 people well enough to live with them?!?

Karen, if you're so bored, get a second job. it's fill the time and give you play money. or take up a new hobby.

Mamma Sarah said...

Karen just needs to get busy on the family stuff... then she won't be bored!!! Take it from someone who knows. :-P

I don't know if I could live with others again... it may be nice to be 5 minutes away instead of 45... we'd all have to have our own bathrooms and the kitchen would be the size of the entire house the way most of us like to cook. However, meal times could be a lot of fun! Can you imagine how big the dining room table would be???

Anonymous said...

we should have an adult fraternity, that would be a good movie...

PS I caved and started a blog