Monday, November 20, 2006

Fa La La La La

The debate has already been approached by one blogger but now that it’s a few days before Thanksgiving and not a few weeks before, let me officially say “bring on the Christmas music”.

On the way home from Columbus yesterday, Jim was a doll and let me listen to a Christmas station all the way home (2 hours!) and didn’t complain or make fun of me once.

Last year Tom P was nice enough to burn me like 8 Christmas CDs and over 650 individual MP3's to listen to at work and home. While seemingly no big deal, Tom is a scrooge and hates holiday music. It was quite a sacrifice for him to take the time to get me so many songs and I'm STILL grateful. I'm getting ready to re-download those onto my hard drive (got a new computer since then) so it can be fully festive in my office for the next 5 weeks.

12 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

I bet the snow (if you got any) put you in even more of a festive mood!

Jessica said...

No Christmas until FRIDAY!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

The music always puts me in a better mood. I agree with Karen, bring on the Christmas tunage.

Anonymous said...

I can't deny it, Christmas is one of my least favorite times of year.

I'm just glad someone can enjoy it!

TreyJ said...

I agree with Jessica. Christmas season officially starts the day after Thanksgiving. Until then, no Christmas Cheer!

Viki said...

It's a toss-up. I'm glad that in CCC we started rehearsing x-mas music last week, but I don't want to be listening to it on the radio. I also think that if stores have to put decorations out, they should keep them in the back corner of the store until after T-day.

Finlands finest said...

Bring on Christmas!! I love the holiday season!! Hopefully after years with me, Tom will like it!

Sarah said...

I'm torn on this one, because it has become so absurd in recent years....like stores that start putting out Christmas stuff in OCTOBER!

And, on my way to Lancaster on Saturday I definately passed a house that was fully lit and decorated. Yes.

Dale said...

It's that time of year when I hafta find a new radio station until after Christas because 97.1 decides to go wall to wall Christmas music.

The problem with Christmas music is there's only a finite number of them, so they get played OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Dale said...

94.1 that is

Martha said...

I LOVE Christmas music, however, am a scrooge about it until after Thanksgiving (one holiday at a time, please). I'm such a scrooge pre-TDay that I was annoyed at the Salvation Army set up already at store fronts (umm, I'm not giving prior to Thanksgiving, and if they're not dressed as Santa - esp in 50+ degree weather if they're going to be begging early).

Anonymous said...

I am 100% with you. The Christmas season starts on November 1. I have already started (and almost have finished) my Christmas shopping.