Friday, September 01, 2006

Living in a pop music hole

I’ll admit it- I'm drawn to these dumb award shows to see what people are wearing. I DO NOT watch them but I do go through the 50 or so online pictures showing the red carpet intros of the stars. I followed this same procedure this morning looking at the MTV Music Award photos from last night and found myself totally confused.

OK, I know I'm in my mid-20’s and all but how am I so out of the loop regarding current pop culture?

Who the hell is LaLa?

Seriously, looking at these pics I think I knew like 10% of the people and they were all “old school” folks like Ludacris and JLo. Good lord I must be getting old

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! That's okay, the only LaLa I know is from the Telletubbies :) Now who looks old!

Viki said...

You're not old - there's only so much pop culture most sane/intelligent/normal people can handle, so your limit obviously didn't extend to LaLa. I must admit, I, too, like catching up on what people were wearing - I like seeing pictures from the worst dressed list.

Mamma Sarah said...

LOL! I have to agree with Jessica's comment. The only LaLa I know (and hate to admit I do) is the Telletubbie... the only reason I know that is because Danny and I make fun of them.

I wouldn't say you are old... just maybe out of the loop. I am probably in the same boat as you. I'm more into country now-a-days than pop. I'd be lost going into a club these days.

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Everyone knows my take on pop-culture for the most part.

The amount of money these people spend on things that are completely worthless and help absolutely no one that really needs help is not only ridiculous, it's infuriating.

So many good things could be accomplished with what these people spend on one car, one house, one dress. But the general population would rather watch them strut on stage in something no normal person could wear than berate them for not helping with the poor, the sick, the helpless.

Sorry for the rant, pet peeve of mine.

Finlands finest said...

I also enjoy seeing what they are wearing. I actually couldn't find a site to look today, but like you guys, I have no clue who LALA is...

TreyJ said...

I've ALWAYS been out of touch with the pop world, so don't feel bad.

As for LaLa, they must be running out of good names if they're ripping them off a cheesey British kids' show.

Darth Shan said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alani_Vasquez

Laa Laa is the teletubbie, the joys of being the cool uncle.