Thursday, September 21, 2006

Quarter Evaluations

Hooray! I don’t suck!!

Today at the end of class I had the students write a few sentences to let me know if I was going the right pace, covering subjects they wanted to know about, presenting understandably, etc. The results were overwhelmingly positive which made me feel really really good. What they suggested I change was to make quizzes announced rather than pop and to use the chalkboard more to illustrate examples (in addition to just talking them through like we do today). I feel really great right now about the whole experience!

I have to talk to my boss today and try to fight for teaching in the Spring… my direct manager forewarned me this is going to be an uphill battle…. Grrrr….

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you don't suck. Your are a born leader / teacher. Pairing your education, sales, marketing and business backgrounds - this is the perfect position for you! Make sure you fight hard to get what you want. Luck :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, fight hard. You know my stance on this.

Besides, you'll positively influence countless more lives through teaching than through sales. Can you ask for a more noble calling?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, pop quizzes suck.

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ all of the above. You are a natural, fight for what you want, pop quizes do suck, and stay positive, as positive energy is contagious and if you're into self fulfilling profecies, the positive ones are better than neg. Funny how you're now using that education degree you thought was being wasted, eh?

Mamma Sarah said...

Where did my comment go??? I posted one or at least I thought I did...

You should be teaching in the spring especially after what your current students are reporting to you. Think of all the lives you are influencing. This is what you went to school for the first time around, is it not?

Sarah said...

I told you they would love you! Good luck dealing with the boss, fight hard.

Finlands finest said...

I'm not surprised they love you, I would be surprised the other way around.