Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Work, School, and the Gym

Today was a good work day. I had a meeting in the morning and one in the afternoon and both were enjoyable and hopefully eventually profitable.

I corresponded with the new chair of the marketing department and he asked if I’d teach an elective in the Spring semester. As I found out through these emails, the class I'm teaching now is actually a fall-only class and the sales class they want me to teach in the spring is a spring-only class. There goes all my hard prep work for this semester! I’ll forget it all or it’ll be void next year when a new book is picked! Further, taking on this class means taking on a bunch more hours in new class prep.

Anyway, I did say that I was interested in teaching the sales class and I asked about the book and times he had in mind. I’ll admit I found this kind of funny because the marketing department has no feedback on me as we’ve only been in session 3 times. I could totally suck and they would be hiring me back! I guess they could refuse to extend my contract if my evaluations at the end of the semester were horrid. Hopefully that won’t be an issue.

Karen reminded me of other good news I forgot to share – my gym membership expired yesterday! Hooray! Ok, I'm exaggerating my enthusiasm a little bit here… hopefully I can talk Jim into taking me to Winton Woods over the next few nights so we can walk the trails for exercise. That’s much more pleasant than biking no where.

Countdown to see Alex (oh yeah, and Sarah and Danny too): 2 DAYS

4 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

So I read your entire post. What exciting news about teaching!!! Then the part about the gym... hopefully you'll keep doing something :-P

I almost busted out laughing when I got to the end to see your countdown... we are looking forward to your visit too! :-D

Finlands finest said...

I love winton woods...great place to stroll!!

Sounds great that they want you to teach another course.....I forsee you will be full time by next fall ;)

Viki said...

I've never seen someone get so excited about their gym membership expiring. :-)

Hooray for your teaching another class, if you decide you deal with doing all the prep (which I'm guessing you will). And you sucking at teaching? Out of the question - people can spot that in seconds...

TreyJ said...

That's because we don't have a gym membership, dear...otherwise you would!