Thursday, September 14, 2006

Casual Thursday

Dear Jim is sick with faryngitis which he seems to get once a year or so. He took the day off anyway to receive the new television and from what he reports he’s been quite busy cleaning the kitchen and bathroom. Obviously he needs extra TLC and good cooking tonight as a reward.

In about 20 minutes my company’s open house will start. It’s overall been a pretty low-key day – I had class this morning and had a guest speaker so I didn’t have to prep anything. When I got back we had pizza ordered in and the rest of the time we’ve been bumming around and trying to stay clean so we’re presentable when the guests come at 3:00. There’s food everywhere and caterers running around who aren’t polite in the slightest. The kegs are tapped and the wine is breathing. Soon we’ll be rockin!

I talked with my boss again about permission to teach in the Spring over my lunch hour. Ironically the chair wanted an answer the next day from when we emailed and he hasn’t bugged me about it at all since I told him I need more time. Hmmmmm…. I did spend quite some time corresponding with one of my students the other day about sales techniques and things of that nature. He makes me smile at his enthusiasm for the business world. I also got notice that one of my students might be called up to active duty in the next few weeks. Though I’ve only known him for 3 weeks myself, I'm disheartened by the thought of him being deployed.

Some especially good pictures have been blogged lately on Lisa’s and Sarah’s spaces. Check ‘em out if you get time.

1 comment:

Viki said...

I want to have a keg at work! Just kidding - hope the open house was fun, and I hope Jim's doing better.

Sorry to hear about your student's possible deployment. In Naples I always worried about the guys who were being sent out. When they came back it was always like Christmas. :-)