Friday, September 22, 2006

What I was afraid would happen did

Well, I talked with the boss and he was totally close-minded about me teaching in the spring. I won’t bore you with all the details or get myself all worked up for the umpteenth time but it comes down to the fact that I can not teach during regular business hours. I talked with the chair of the marketing department and he is trying to rearrange “at least two other people’s schedules” in order to accommodate me. This does not look very promising. Jim says its time for me to start approaching other colleges/universities about spots for the spring. I'm super irritated about it and it’s turning into one of those situations where I'm mad and therefore get irate about every other little annoying thing around me. I'm trying not to be rash….

4 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Let me know if I can help with anything. I am always open to being an ear..

I hope you make a decision that you can be happy with!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that. Is the decision set in stone? i.e. could you put your sales experience to work for you and present to them what's in it for them - sort and bring all your facts and such. I like Jim's idea of shopping around. You really seem to like this extracurricular. Possibly even to take to a HS? Or for evening classes? you want it, go after it again! I hope it works out for you.

Anonymous said...

You know my opinion on this. I think it's incredibly selfish of them to treat this the way that they do. You are way more valuable to them than their silly reason why they won't let you do this.

People in power hate when they get a taste of their own medicine, and I'd say let em have it!

Anonymous said...

Off this topic anf to entertain you and take your mind off things: check out the national geographic live african cam:
http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/wildcamafrica/index.html

(Jenny, I'd think you would be very entertained, as well.) Kathy and I get very amused by it and chat on the phone to discuss regularly (we've seen elephants!!) Alaskan grizzlies was the live camera prior to the african safari. :-)