Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Now, a word from our sponsor

Some notes about the last few days –
1) Jim and I watched The Sentinel two days ago. It totally sucked, don’t watch it.
2) I posted Carol’s blog on my links section – she’s a friend and ex-co-worker who’s an amazingly talented artist and writes about funny things like monkeys
3) I’ve threatened to delist Greg and sent him an official notice as such
4) I had lunch with a student yesterday to talk about sales stuff. He’s a really good guy in general and I like meeting him because he’s always sincerely appreciative of my help.
5) The XU Sales club got a green light from the administration. Now if my boss would agree to let me teach in the spring I’d be in good shape…
6) Our tub is blocked and now fills up with water when we shower. It’s super-annoying. Jim has spent LOTS of time running snakes and doing drain tests on it to no avail. Jeff our plumber is going to call us tonight about fixing it.
7) We’re back to watching the Sopranos again. We watched 3 episodes last night and drank milkshakes while doing it. I really like doing “nothing” with my husband.
8) Martha needs to start a blog.

9 comments:

TreyJ said...

Responses to your posts:

(2) Hee hee...monkeys!

(3) I don't know Greg, but people who start a blog and then don't post aren't cool.

(6) Granted this was a hotel-type situation on a military base, but I had a bathtub in Sicily one time that filled up with brown water from the drain, and my toilet wouldn't flush. Yuck!

(7) Love the Sopranos, but need to play catch-up, as I missed a season in Italy.

Mamma Sarah said...

Man Trey took my idea!

2) I concur... monkeys! :-D

3) If you remove Greg I'm booting him as well... what a bummer! Consider him on notice from me as well.

4&5) That's great about the sales club... what's the hold up with teaching and your boss? UGH!

6) Plumbing sucks. It's probably all your hair. LOL

7) I haven't watched the Sopranos since it started. We had HBO when we worked for Time Warner, but not since. Guess I should just watch them when they come out on tape. Maybe Lisa can TIVO it. :-P

Sarah said...

Too much to comment on in this post, so I'll just say I laughed out loud just reading your title! You make me smile.

Sarah said...

And I love monkeys

Viki said...

I was going to say that Trey was sure to say something about the monkeys, but then he did. :-)

Hope your bathtub thing clears up...

Finlands finest said...

I agree Martha needs to start a blog!!

Carols blog is great!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, darling. I'm not sure that I'd keep up with one (though I certainly keep up with reading other's...). My life isn't necesarily exciting enough to blog about and have others get into my mind. Not sure I'm computer saavy enough for it, either.You're so cute, i could shrink you and carry you in my pocket!

Karen said...

LOL, Mart, you're too funny!

And as for not being exciting: you're living in OR, going to culinary school, and living the high life in singleland. what could be more entertaining???

Anonymous said...

a love life to go with my extra curricular activities. Although.. I do have some dating stories i could share. I'm writing a book on a list of people not to date, all true people that thought they'd be a catch for me... I'd rather be single and happy than dating and smothered/annoyed
Oregon is the best of the 4 states I have now lived in (OR, OH, KY, NJ).