Monday, September 25, 2006

Weekend of 9/23/06

Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It’s Monday and I'm back at work.

I spent my whole work-Friday in a bad mood because of the boss conversation. Jim’s really patient with me in this regard and doesn’t mind letting me talk about more than I should. Friday night we went out to BW3’s and experienced, yet again, the slowest service humanly possible from a restaurant. Why do we torture ourselves!? We did get in about 2 episodes of The Sopranos Season 4 so we’re making very good progress there.

Saturday I had a terrible dream that Greg died (right after getting engaged to some girl) and I had a really hard time going back to sleep after that. I spent gobloads of time doing school work (redid the whole midterm exam… again) and hung out with the hubby. Dale came over for beef stew that night and we went to watch Snakes on a Plane which was one of the most ridiculous movies I’ve ever seen. You know the next hour and a half will be bad when a rattlesnake comes out of the ceiling and strikes a girl on her double-D, naked boob. Good lord.

Sunday I met Lori for brunch and then got to go to Jon & Kristi’s to see little Julia Maxine (who was born Wednesday via planned cesarean section- 7lb, 5oz). This little girl has hair like Suri Cruise. It’s crazy! I bowled like *$%! during our league bowling that evening which made me irritated.

This morning I woke up from having a dream about moving and realized I had to go to work. Horrrrrrrriddddddd. I asked Jim how long he thought we could live in this house just off our savings without working. That sounds like the best idea in the world to me right now. His guess was that with some alterations in our lifestyle we could go for a few years. WHY AREN’T WE PURSUING THIS?!

7 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like a good detox weekend, but with lots of strange happenings.

Don't you just love babies with lots of hair???

Sarah said...

What is it with you and the strange dreams!?! I have never known anyone else who has dreams that are as detailed and crazy as yours.

Viki said...

I did not want to go to work either - for entirely different reasons (congrats Mark & Karen!).

And don't feel bad - at least you have a house. I am glad that I don't have to shovel snow, however. Not like that's much of a problem by you.

Finlands finest said...

Great question!!!

I have had a few rough dreams like that, one recently where I found my dad stabbed by mobsters....really hard to sleep after that!!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay....
1. You sound exactly like the main character of Office Space. I think it might be from one of the deleted scenes. He makes a point of stating just how long he could live without working before he was homeless....classic!

2. I bowled a 167 while out with my mom this weekend for her birthday celebration. It was awesome! Just rubbing it in....hehehe.

Tom said...

Man I am bummed I didn't get to see snakes on a plane, give me a call next time, I have been wanting to see it (only because it was our co-ed softball team name, Jake T's idea) but no one really wants to see a movie called "snakes on a plane".

Now bees on a plane, that would freak me out, or hungry bears on a plane in coach.

Dale said...

It had its moments... not supposed to be a thriller, supposed to be a horror movie (i.e. not much believability). But overall it was definitely memorable.