Thursday, September 28, 2006

Catchin' Up on News

First, let me brag that I have an incredibly sweet husband. Jim went out of his way yesterday to pick up a video for my marketing class AND brought me flowers home (primroses)! When he came home he mowed our whole lawn too! Tonight he’s taking me out to Palomino’s for dinner. I definitely married up.

I talked with Mom yesterday and poor Buster is not doing well. He was acting kind of funny in the last few weeks and lately had been having some nighttime bed-wetting accidents. Mom took in a urine sample to the vet when she went and they determined that he has VERY high-level diabetes. They’re keeping him at the vet for the next 3 days to figure out what dosage of insulin he needs. On Saturday the whole family has to go and learn how to give Buster injections. He’ll be getting insulin shots 2/day for the rest of his life and has to change his dog food too. Poor guy. That’s him to the right at PugFest 2004 where he was a Pugosaurus Rex.

The chair of the marketing department thinks that he has my schedule worked out for the spring. I’ll be teaching a Sales & Sales Management class Thursday nights from 6- ??. This hasn’t been set in stone yet, but looks really positive.

Lastly – we finished the Sopranos Season 4 last night. I think this was the best acted season yet and I'm excited about the 5th season which we now have a request into the library for.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Buster! Good new on the teachng. However, I must point out that you ended your sentence with a preposition! (shame, shame) :)

TreyJ said...

Season 4 rocked. Didn't you like the ending?

My favorite episode is still the one with the Russian from season 3 where Paulie and Christopher get lost in the woods.

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about Buster, but at least they have figured out what is going on and hopefully will be able to get it under control.

Awesome news on the class, I knew it would work out!

Viki said...

Poor little thing - How old is Buster these days, anyway? I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets used to the shots.

Glad the class thing has worked out, too. I've been worried about you on that.

And for Jessica - ending sentences with prepositions is fine with me. I think it's a Chicago thing, but folks here are always doing it!

Mamma Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about Buster! It's never fun to have our fruuy friends sick.

Hooray for Jim spoiling you. You are a princess and he treats you as such!

Hooray for teaching! They obviously really like you to move around schedules the way the did! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Tell Buster we're thinking about him. And make sure you give him lots of hugs and treats to make him feel better.

Love,
Maggie and Morrie

Karen said...

awwwww- puppy friend love!

Mamma Sarah said...

Of course... we all have a bit of puppy love in us! :-D

Dale said...

Ending sentences with prepositions... reminds me of my favorite quote from the movie "With Honors" (about the bum that lives on the Harvard campus).

Harvard bum sits in on a class. Prof picks on him. Bum launches into a long diatribe, and ends it like this:

Bum: Which door do I leave from?
Prof: We educated people at Harvard don't end sentences with prepositions
Bum: OK. Which door do I leave from... asshole

Karen said...

ha! love it!

TreyJ said...

I can't believe I didn't pick up on Jessica's comment. I'm not as forgiving as Viki when it comes to prepositions...for some reason it drives me crazy!