Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend of 10/19/08

This weekend was a full one. On Thursday Sarah F. came into town for Lisa’s baby shower. She, Sarah W., Lisa and I all hit up the Olive Garden where they had the “requirement” of charging me $3 for salad since I ordered an appetizer as my entrée and salad apparently doesn’t come with appetizers, even if it’s only for one. This turned into a big hoopla and probably 2X more salad than we normally would have gotten was ordered so we could make the most of the $3 it cost us. Ah, immaturity. :)

Saturday morning I had to teach and then I hauled ass up to Troy to make it to Lisa’s for the shower. The pending “emergency” that caused me to go so fast was her announcement of what gender the baby is. They waited for me to get there and it was a good thing – I won the door prize for guessing correctly!

On Sunday we took Nicole to the pumpkin patch to get her Halloween gourd. There were a LOT of pumpkins and most had pretty good dimensions/faces to them. Jamie/Jason/Ryan met up with us during the process and once everyone had collected their pumpkin we headed up to pet the ponies and pay for the goods. Nice hour-long relaxing adventure.




One of the funnier moments was when I asked Ryan to hold Nicole's hand for a photo opp. Well, he was sweet enough to comply and Nicole promptly took off, pulling him along with her. Jim counseled that he might as well get used to a woman dragging him along.




Bowling was frustrating. We won’t go into detail about losing ¾. :(

6 comments:

Laura said...

Awww, the pumpkin adventure looked fun!

Finlands finest said...

Nic is soo cute! I love how she always smiles for the camera!

Yeah--my game was off yesterday for bowling...

Martha said...

So fun! I miss pumpkin farms! That hand-holding is hilarious - Nic must be used to being in control!
I love her stockings. :) How much fun!! Thanks for sharing the pics. :)

Anonymous said...

Where is this pumpkin patch? I need to take myself, and Greg if he's back by the time I go...

LisaMarie said...

You forgot to mention how we boxed up your 3 dollar salad and took it with us!

Mamma Sarah said...

So adorable. I'm still shocked about the whole $3 salad. I hope you had a good lunch the next day!!!