Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I'm 29!

As my husband pointed out so eloquently in his card – the countdown is officially on until I join many of you in your 30’s. Yesterday, as many noted, was my birthday. In general it was a good day – I did the normal morning routine but had the joy of reading birthday cards and getting a massage gift certificate from my family (left in my car for me to discover by Jim). Nicole’s card read:

Hi Mom-ma,
I'm so happy it’s your birthday, not that you can tell because I'm happy almost all of the time (except when you and dad-da kiss or he tries a family hug).

I signed to dad-da what gift I thought he needed to get you because I think you need a little time to rest, as I can be a handful sometimes.

I love you very very much and look forward to doing this again next year.


Love you,
Nicole


My uncle brought me a no-iron tablecloth from he and my aunt. We’ll be having a birthday party for my cousin (9-29) and I on Saturday with the family. However, I did get some cake early as Jessica G. made me a beautiful one and left it at the babysitter’s for the kiddies and I. I got several cards, e-cards (Lisa's was particurally funny), emails, and blog comments- I definitely felt loved!

THANKS!

Oh, and for the record, I'm only having small pangs of “God, I'm 29.” I think it mostly stems from the fact that I really perked myself up for 27 and 28 being the best years of my life (and they were great). I don’t know what to expect for 29 but it feels so ADULT.

3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Jim and Nicole are soo cute. Again, I am glad that Jim does these things for you--makes me appreciate him even more for being a good husband to you!

29 is an adult year!!! lol

You are cute. I think it was sweet that Jess left a cake for you. Very thoughtful!

Martha said...

Nice!
So after causing a panic attack the other day by gymnasticing into the bathtub, Nic got you a massage. She's so thoughtful! ;)
Eh, 29 doesn't bother me so much, either. Afterall - we're still 20-somethings, which means we might as well feel 20 or 21 or 25 or 27 or whichever you want to choose!

Katrin said...

Sorry I'm late: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE!!! ALLES GUTE ZUM GEBURTSTAG!!! (screw being an adult... booo!) Yippieh! Birthday!!