Monday, October 06, 2008

Weekend of 10-3-08

  • I had a birthday party at my aunt’s on Saturday with the family. Very nice time – fried chicken, mac n’ cheese, green beans, and of course cake and ice cream. :) I got some blouses and a skirt from my mom, a board game from Dad, a check from one grandmother and a potted plant from the other. “Nicole” (aka my mother) gave me a pretty beaded necklace.
  • Nicole did a few fun new things – 1) she got a new tooth (top right molar looking thing – a bicuspid?), 2) when you ask her where her eyes are she blinks heavily, 3) she answers “Baa” to the question about what a sheep says. My dad was emphatic that she said “Grandpa” to him but I haven’t heard it yet. I measured her on Saturday and she’s 30 inches tall.
  • Mom and I went to Garden Ridge on Sunday because their autumn stuff was 50% off already. 2.5 hours later I left with a new wreath for the front door, centerpieces for the dining room table, decoration for the kitchen island, a Halloween decoration for the front flower bed, and another hanging do-hickey for the morning room door. Jim rolled his eyes at all the stuff I “needed” and I told him that I refrained from buying the light-up eyeballs they had for 25% off, even though they might have looked good on the walk-way up to our door.
  • We also finished up Stardust (A) and Sex and the City (B) on Saturday night.
  • Bowling is okay. I sucked big time the first two games. Jenny and Jim absolutely rocked. We pulled out ¾ which ain’t shabby at all!

6 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Nicole needs to learn the rest of the animal sounds.

I was obviously tired for the last game!!

Martha said...

What is a "morning room"?

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Stardust is a great movie, loved it.

LisaMarie said...

Dude, Kendall has given up on whether or not I really "need" decorations. As long as I spend under 100 bucks, he doesn't bitch anymore. Tell Jim to stop being a tight wad. HAHAHAHAHA. (I'm really only writing this because I know he'll read it. *wink*)

Viki said...

We don't really spend anything on decorations...but we're lacking on things like a bedroom set. We do, however, spend a pretty decent amount on wine. Granted, we try to spend at least a little bit every year on stuff for the cellar...we have a few bottles that we don't want to have to open for another 15-20 years!

I think you should teach Nicole how to snort like a pig. I don't know why, but I think little kids who do that are hysterical!

Unknown said...

This is a follow up to your blog from last Thursday...

Remember, all those years ago, you swore that your absolute favorite all word was replusive - I don't think anyone could get through a conversation with you without hearing it come out of your mouth at least once!!

Also, you think 29 makes you feel adult - wait till you have 30 coming at you quickly - then feeling old really does kick in! LOL