Monday, July 02, 2007

Weekend of 6/29/07

I’ve been hoping/expecting Nicole to come early (and technically she still can!) so we have NOTHING planned on our calendars from here until October. This lead to what felt like a long weekend because of so much freedom and a little “wow, what do we do now?” with nothing scheduled.

Friday: Work was BORING. I'm running out of stuff to do as I’ve prepared so well for being gone. When I got home Jim and I hung out and watched The Office which the Erdahls let us borrow. Jim laughs out loud so often and so hard to that show that it makes me enjoy it all the more.

Saturday: I met Lori for brunch at First Watch (delicious omelets and potatoes) and made a quick side trip to Rowe’s Furniture before I met mom for MOTG dress shopping in Kenwood. We discovered that there aren’t many options for formal dresses out there and it’s a darn good thing she picked up the one dress she liked in her size last week. When I got home Jim and I worked on the house more (ok, lots more Jim than me) on the exterior – mulching, edging, cleaning gutters, realigning the front pavement stones, etc. The outside of the house looks great and the reason for our work is obvious to those who know why- the neighbors came to tell us again how sad it is that we’re moving. Awwww!

Sunday: Sunday morning Jim and I had breakfast, relaxed, and then I went with Lindsay and crew to order bridesmaid dresses for her Oct. 20 wedding. She has very good taste and I'm quite happy with what she picked out – it’s flattering on everyone and very reasonable cost wise (<$130). Jim and I did a huge Meijer run stocking up for my expected 3 meals a day at home (hopefully starting soon!).

Sunday evening we got dolled up and met Tom/Meghan, Dave/Rachel & Dale at the Precinct for dinner to celebrate Dale’s promotion. Neither Jim nor I had been there before and the food was fantastic! They put us up in a private room and we dined for almost 3 hours! Dale gave us a really cool book on parenting which both Jim AND I will certainly read (thanks again, Dale), and we got to hear more about D & R’s honeymoon. Great food, great company!

Oh, and a special shout-out from last weekend that I somehow missed! - Thanks to the Boston’s for their visit and lunch with us on Saturday! We only get to see them a few times a year now that they’ve moved to Charlotte so it was great catching up!!

9 comments:

Martha said...

wow, lots of stuff to celebrate....wedding, promotion, a baby (just come already, Nicole).

I'm curious how I'll find out you go in to deliver....by you not blogging for 3 days?

Megs said...

That IS alot to celebrate! I'm sure next weekend will be an even better celebration as I'm sure Nicole will come grace us with her presence soon enough! Lindsay did pick out beautiful dresses! Red is a pretty flattering color on all skin types too so yeah for that!

Finlands finest said...

The dress is beautiful. Red is such a fun color for weddings. :)


Nicole will come when she is ready. I had my money on today..but now I'm thinking it won't be for a couple days. You just have made too nice of a home for her there Karen! I'm glad you have time to relax. :)

Viki said...

Make sure Lindsay has good flowers, like your's. I sang a wedding Saturday and the flowers were horrible - from where I was at it looked like a clump of white carnations with a few lavendar accents stuck in, but it made the bms' lavendar dresses look washed out. They were the ugliest wedding flowers I've ever seen!

Maybe she'll be born on the 4th!

Anonymous said...

Karen - keep her in until 7-7-07 what a fun birthdate!!

Oh and if you go into labor at work - its up to Megs to get the word out before she goes with to the hospital.

Megs said...

If Karen goes into labor at work, she's already given me a list of email addresses. While Karen's getting her things, I can cut, copy, type a quick/short message before we run out the door. I'm so excited just talking about it! Even though, I'm sure with my luck, it won't happen here at work :(

Katrin said...

Beautiful dresses and I totally like the idea of "holding her in" until 7/7/07. ;)

Martha said...

darling, do you really have that much to do at work, when you may leave for months, at any given minute, that you can't blog? :) I check your blog in the morning...a blog means no labor, but no blog just means I have to wonder...did she? didn't she?

Gtemp said...

Hope you didn't hear too much about their honeymoon... haha. And out of all these couples that went to celebrate dale's promotion, how's he gonna forget about his loved one?!?!?

Ok, so I'm ready for my niece already....