Saturday, July 07, 2007

Still no baby....

Pregnancy clearly suits me. At this point I’m wondering if I’ll be pregnant forever! As no sign of Nicole’s arrival has made itself apparent whatsoever, the real possibility of being induced is sinking in. How she went from a due date of 7-7-07, the luckiest day of the century (aka TODAY) to a probable induction date of 7/13/07, a Friday, the most unlucky day of the year, is crazy. I’m talking to her and attempting to explain all the benefits of coming today, but she doesn’t seem to care. : )

Thing is, I don’t feel bad at all! I want to feel something happening, I watch overly attentively, but nothing is happening that didn’t happen a week, a month, 2 months ago. Mom says her labor started out of nowhere and her water never broke with any of us kids. I’m holding out that maybe that one facet of our pregnancies will be the same.

I’m not impatient yet, but I do have concerns about Nicole’s age when we take her to Myrtle Beach in August… I’d have preferred her to be 6 weeks old and at this rate she might be less than a month. I suppose all things will happen at their own time….

Mom bought a double stroller yesterday with intentions of “pushing her granddaughters around the block while they hold hands.” The thought makes me smile.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cousin has a spicy chili recipe that is rumored to send women into labor....
How sweet...pushing her granddaughters. Nicole is going to be spoiled, isn't she? :)

Dale said...

The price of 7/9+ just went up

Katrin said...

Man! Today would've been so perfect. Don't worry about Friday, 13th. Martin was born on one and he turned out alright!

Mamma Sarah said...

Guess she's just too content in there. I can totally see you mom beaming while pushing her grand daughters!

Jessica said...

Your mom is too cute :)