Thursday, July 26, 2007

Good Morning!

OK, I know it’s only quarter to ten, but this morning has been great. Nicole slept just as she was supposed to and woke up without much complaining all night for her 3-hour feedings. At 7:30, when she’s supposed to be awake for a longer period before a nap, she took a little more time but at for 20 minutes really well. Such duration gave me confidence that it would be okay to express the rest of her meal for later (hooray for Jim feeding her!).

After breakfast, hers and mine, we cozied up for some good reading time. Lisa and Kendall brought us a whole satchel full of kids books as her welcoming present and I stupidly chose “Guess How Much I Love You” as the first one to read to her. Yeah, that left me crying and vowing to not read that book unless I’m make-up free! We followed it up with Curious George and Olivia (a new one for me). All wrapped up in the blanket Great Grandma Templin wove for her, Nicole fell asleep in my arms and went down without complaint in her crib right on time- 9:15. Ahhhh!

I took a shower (note, I HAVE showered EVERY day since I’ve brought her home which I understand is a miracle for new moms), curled my hair, wrote this, and will get ready for her 10:30 meal before we head to my office for introductions and a 1:20 doctor’s appointment. Hopefully the rest of the day continues like this!

5 comments:

Viki said...

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Finlands finest said...

Yay, for reading to Nicole. Yay for showing. Yay for going out and letting Nicole meet the world! YAY!

Unknown said...

Sounds like things are going well for you! Even though they are so young, I've learned from my nieces that babies are going to do things on their own time - and it sounds like Nicky is getting the timing down! Yeah! Hope the doctor's appointment yesterday went well. :)

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like you are getting into a grove. :-)

TreyJ said...

Bathing is a miracle for new moms? I can't go a day without showering. Good think I won't ever deliver a child...