Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What's Up

- Happy Birthday, Lindsay!

- The “For Sale By Owner” sign is officially in the yard as of last night. I put it in the ground and actually it made me excited, not sad as I sort of expected it to do. UPDATE: Just got a call about the house- 18hours after the sign went up!! Just general interest makes me happy!
I hear that our new house has a ceiling on the basement now – we’ll make a quick stop over before we head to dinner for Linds tonight.

- Dr. appt. was good but still no baby. I'm sitting at 3cm dilated and still 75% effaced. No painful contractions but a whole lot of eagerness surrounding her arrival (which is incredibly touching). New goal is to be 7/5/07 so I can still go to my parents Fourth of July party without incident.

- I have gotten so much done at work in preparation for being out that I'm now pretty bored. I'm obviously not going to start any new projects, but without any that I can really finish either (to pre-mature in the process to do so) I am dying at work. I’ve also discovered that I have a very hard time entertaining myself without a book, project around the house or TV/movies. The internet just doesn’t interest me and I’d feel too guilty playing online Euchre for half the day (though many of my friends find no fault in sleeping while on the clock, I can’t do that either in good conscious).

7 comments:

Megs said...

Online Euchre = bad

Uno = okay?

I actually had alot of fun Friday playing that though I did feel kinda bad when I left the office... esp sine Brett let me leave early! Ah well... I can always give you some of your projects back that you gave me if you want :)

Viki said...

Given the situation, I'm surprized people aren't just telling you to leave...

Anonymous said...

is it a technicality thing, though? If you leave prior to when you said you would, then your maternity leave ends sooner and, on your side, it's "wasted days" you could add on to the end of your leave? Just a thought....
Not sure what you'd do to fill your time if you've passed all your projects on, though. Hahaha, if you were at Givy they'd probably have you working right up until the baby's head starts peaking out, and THEN have a conference call while you're in labor to dole out your projects, and call you while you're still in the hospital recovering. Ok. Maybe it wasn't THAT extreme. then again, prob. not too far off, either. (you don't go on vacation there w/o passing off all your projects, taking your cell phone, lap top, calling in to meetings, and yes, they WILL also be calling you multiple times a day). And that's after you've worked over 12 hour days, plus weekends, just to be able to get the time "off".

I vote moving to Austria. Sounds like they have it better there.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Lindsey!

How is the new mom doing?

Finlands finest said...

I understand how you feel. I feel guilty when I have nothing to do too. Maybe you should makes a sales call to one of your friends everyday ;) ;)

Finlands finest said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSAY!

Katrin said...

We work very close with an US company and were shocked to hear that one of our orders wasn't sent on time because the woman in charge's water broke while she was working on it. Nobody could believe it!