Monday, October 23, 2006

Weekend of 10/20/06

I am FREEZING! It is so cold in my office I had to borrow a blanket from Megan to put on my lap. We think the heater’s broken as it’s 66 degrees in here. Ugh!

This weekend was really full. Friday night Jim and I went to “our” Mexican restaurant that we hadn’t been to in a while (Casa Tequila). Turns out that in our hiatus they renovated and are turning the place into a Mexican club. They tore out the fountain in the center to clear space for a dance floor and have a speaker set-up the size of my office. I do not think we will be returning.

Saturday Jim went to help Dale with his shed and I spent 5, yes 5, solid hours grading midterm exams. Jim thinks I need to do scantron from here on out. We had dinner (tilapia) and then got all dolled up to go to the FireBall. This was an event that the historic Cincinnati Firehouse put on to celebrate Cincinnati’s firefighting history. I learned that Cincinnati had the first professional firefighting squad in the world. Pretty cool. We had our pictures taken in front of an antique fire truck and everything. I’ll admit that even though we didn’t pay (the $50/per tickets were donated to P&G via the Vice Mayor) I felt very “in” to be going to the event.

After the fireball we hung out at Mom & Dad’s for a while. Mike & Lindsay came home shortly after and she was wearing her first maternity top. Kinda scary to see. Mike back-handed complimented her and said “that thing’s a tent. It makes you look much fatter than you are.” He didn’t fully understand why we thought that was funny.

Yesterday I bowled out (124-180-135) early and hung out with Jim before I left to give a student the midterm orally. Following that I met the Jeanmougins and Cloppert for dinner (more Mexican! That made 5X last week). After dinner Mike and I hit up a bar where I drank way more than I should have and stayed out way later than I should have for a work-night. Yeeeeeeeeeahhhh. Sluggish this morning. He dropped me off at 1:20am and I fell asleep VERY promptly. He had to be up at 4:30 to catch a 7am flight- I have no idea how he did that. Anyway, as always, I had a great time with him. We actually talked about all kinds of things we should have talked about years ago. Conversation was definitely worth $82.50.

12 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like you had a blast this weekend. The FireBall event sounds really cool.

You always stay out late when you go out with Cloppert! LOL!

I would agree with Jim about ScanTron sheets. You can also use the ones that have essay blocks too so you can still include some of that crap. Profs at WSU did that. :-P

Sarah said...

Many, how come you got to have a fun weekend and I was stuck studying.....booo!

Glad you an Clop had some good conversation, but $82!?! What's that about?

Viki said...

You're not the only one who drank too much yesterday - Trey and I went to this huge wine tasting expo. Too bad I was driving and had to make sure I drank lots of water inbetween tastes. Still, it made for a nice, relaxed, sleepy evening.

Hooray for the fire-fighter ball - I bet Mark would've liked that. He's got a side job now driving he party fire truck he rented for his wedding.

Karen said...

yeah... the $82 was for like 7 rounds for him and 6 for me. That is on top of the margaritas we had at dinner.

he gets me in trouble. :)

As this happens like 2/year it's not too bad!

Sarah said...

I am obviously not having enough fun in my life, as I don't recall EVER spending $82 on drinks!

And I'm supposed to be the one you're living vicariously through? Something's wrong with this picture!

Mamma Sarah said...

LOL... I think Sarah is jealous! :-P

Anonymous said...

Couple of things...
1. There's never anything wrong with eatting Mexican food 5 times in one week. Mexican is the best food EVER.

2. I hope that when I'm pregnant one of you tells me that my shirt makes me much bigger than I really am...LOL!

3. Is Mike still partying like this all the time?

Finlands finest said...

HOLY MOLY!!!!

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I would love to take my dad to the Fire ball.

Cloppert is nuts if he still parties like that!!!

Martha said...

You stayed out late, got drunk with your ex, and Jim doesn't mind? Damn I need a relationship like that! You're lucky Jim is so trusting.

Where did you go that 13 drinks cost $82??

How is the Clapp doing? I don't think I can remember the last time I saw/spoke with him (possibly your wedding?).

Karen said...

clop update: he's working for Lockheed Martin in thier IT Security Dept. which he REALLY REALLY loves. He's getting Mark J out there for an interview this weekend actually. YES, he is still partying like he's in college which makes him hard to keep up with. He's still dating Darcy, his girlfriend of about 2.5 years. He's working out and getting buff!

Viki said...

Sarah, think back now - I'm sure that you would've spent $82 on drinks at some point had you paid for them all. You're still a champ!

Sarah said...

Sarah IS jealous! But I think that Viki has a valid point, eventhough I didn't shell out the cash I'm certain there have been times I've drank $82 worth....though it's been awhile!