Tuesday, October 03, 2006

GEEZ

I read three things this morning that have me blown away:
1) Greg, my little brother, is in a Beer Pong league… for money! OH MY GOSH. Viki, why in the world aren’t we in a Flip Cup league??? We should start one-
The International Flip Cup Society
Founded: University of Dayton, 1997-2006
Seriously, a Beer Pong League… wow. I'm jealous and want to be 21 again.

2) What in the world is going on with the horribly rude STRANGER at the grocery store that asked Carol to consider a 4-some?! What is this world coming to!?

3) This weekend I wrote Karen C. a check for the Playhouse in the Park ticket that she bought for me to the show The Catholic Girl's Guide to Losing Her Virginity. I couldn't help myself and on the memo line for the $30 check wrote FOR: Her Virginity

Karen sent me this little story this morning via email about her trip to the bank to deposit my check:

Oh, I stopped by the bank yesterday to find that the atm was out of service which meant I had to go inside the bank to deposit your check. The teller stopped in the middle of her sentence to another coworker. She just looked at the check until she finally looked up at me. We both started laughing at the same time. I explained and she had me write "Playhouse" a little bit above your handwriting. I think it's one that will make the rounds at the bank. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He he, see I told you the check would be good for another laugh :)

Sarah said...

I can't stop laughing right now! Any one of those items would be enough, but all three together is just too much!

I agree that we should start a flip cup league.....we would clean house!

Gotta love grocery store strangers! Strangely enough I actually had a similar situation at a gas station a couple of weeks ago.

Gtemp said...

Ha! I just found me a new pick-up line at the grocery store! JACKPOT!!! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL to both Greg's comment here and to your creative check writing skills!

Viki said...

I want to see that play!

On the Flip Cup league - I'm game. I love Flip Cup, and I think we all proved at reunion that we've all still got it.

Finlands finest said...

I think I will have to be even more creative on my check....lets see how the bank responds....
Karen may eventually need to change banks...

How do I get into the beer pong league?

Mamma Sarah said...

Chanting - Flip Cup, Flip Cup, Flip Cup... lol

Too funny about the check. You always wonder if anyone other than the intended person reads that memo line. I'm sure she told everyone she could, including whomever that tell went home to. Who knows, she may have even called her mother and told her. LOL

Too funny about the stranger situation. That would totally creep me out.