Friday, October 06, 2006

Particularly fun Thursday

Yesterday was a full, non-stressful day. I taught yesterday and that went well. Several students had problems downloading the case study from the website which lead to all of my procrastinators not able to read the case and therefore not able to write their case study review. I was nice and granted them a 24 hour extension for which they were all grateful. Even though I feel like I might be too easy on them and let them have the extra day, it’s hard for my to be hypocritical as I would have probably been in their same boat- starting it the night before and finding myself screwed when the file was blocked. Ah well…

As soon as I came back from teaching I left to go downtown and walk the Purple People Bridge. For those of you not familiar with the Cl!mb, you walk across the top of the bridge above the girders. At it’s highest point you’re 150 feet above the Ohio River. They market it as thrilling as surfing, bungee jumping, etc. but let me tell you, it is not. While fun, I think it’s barely worth the $40 they charge you to do it. Probably would have been better if our climb guide was more informative with information. Folks in our group changed the channel on thier headsets to listen to another group that was getting more information about what we were looking at and the history of the river/cities/etc.

After the Cl!mb, a bunch of us went over to the Hofbrauhaus for pint-sized beers, or shall I say biers, and appetizers. I hear that they get pretty wild and fun on the weekends with German dancing and singing. Next time Viki’s in town I think we should go in her honor.

After biers we hustled back across the bridge to the Cincinnati side where we took a 3 hour Tall Stacks dinner cruise aboard the Harriet Bishop. It was a cool experience to be able to say I’ve done it. We saw lots of cool houses, restaurants, shops, condos, etc. along the riverbanks. Very pretty overall. I gave one of my students tickets to Tall Stacks and he said that he and his buddies had a really good time. Last night wasn’t the true experience of the festival because of the cold weather and non-weekend timing. Glad he had fun regardless.

7 comments:

Viki said...

I didn't know Newport had a HofBrauhaus! We need to go next time I'm in town!

Mamma Sarah said...

We totally need to go. When is Viki coming into town???? Bier!!! Mmmmm... good thing I can have some or I wouldn't be so excited! No not really... the dancing, the music, the company... what could a person want more that that? Oh... bier!

Anonymous said...

I got a shout on on Dale's blog. And Jen gave me the nickname "martha the worthy". how fun is this!!! I'm so amused.

Karen said...

martha needs a blog!

Anonymous said...

Martha does not need a blog. You'd probably put me on the delisting-list within 2 weeks of me starting one!! You scare both Greg and Dale into posting blogs just to stay off *the list*.
;-p

Finlands finest said...

MARTHA DOES need a blog!!! How are we supposed to find out how great living outside of cincy is???


What a great day! I would love to do the bridge walk.

Martha said...

Ok, Karen (and Jen) I started a blog about life outside Cincy at:
mauchter.blogspot.com

I'm a quick learner, however, I don't know how to link ya'lls pages on mine and such (hint hint, if you want to help me out)